Home Forums Road Racing Prepping kart for RR

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Clark 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matt Clark
    Participant

Hi all,

At the end of July I’ll be attending my first road race at Hallett, and was wondering if there’s anything different I need to do to prep my kart? From my understanding the races will be about 30 min each, up from the normal 15 I’m used to in sprint racing. I was wondering if it’d be wise to loctite nuts/bolts that I’m usually able to check after each session, lest something come loose on track. Thanks in advance, I’m looking forward to my first taste of RR.

Matt

Ric mcDade
    Participant

Matt, feel free to call or text me. I just left Hallett and will be there again, racing the KART Nat’ls also.

Ric-417-496-0428

Kelly Read
    Participant

Matt,

If Ric can’t help you (he had better, I taught him everything he knows but not what I know), contact me at 316-218-3645.

What motor/class you looking at racing??

Gear ratio would be the main thing you would have to change from sprint racing.

Ric mcDade
    Participant

Matt- that is my use to be friend, Kelly Read. He did teach me a lot, but I couldn’t make a living out of drinking, so I gave it up. 🙂

Matt Clark
    Participant

🙂 I’ll be running Rotax, so gearing and getting used to an extra 30-40 lbs are two things I’ll be dealing with for sure!

Thanks Ric and Kelly, I’ll shoot you guys a text this weekend once things aren’t as crazy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication