Home Forums Road Racing Pre-entry for WKC/WKA Summit Point National (Sept 6-8) now open

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  scott dixon 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

scott dixon
    Participant

What is the weight for Stock Honda Shifter? I looked through WKC rule but and it says refer to WKA, WKA doesn’t list shifters as a class at all.

Gene Davis
    Participant

Weight is 390 pounds

See page 72 – 73 in the tech manual for additional details

Gene

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Paul, Gene is correct.  Stock Honda is NOT a ManCup class.  It’s a Road Race only classes!

Clark Sr.

Gotchya, thanks guys

scott dixon
    Participant

Now open…

I’m realizing I have a lot of questions about how this series is run. I hope it is okay to post them up here. Sorry for my ignorance and seemingly silly questions, but I’d hate to assume something then find out on race day I was wrong.

How does this weekend run, do you practice friday, qualify on saturday and race on sunday? Or is this two separate races on saturday and sunday with no qualifying?
    So I need to buy a registration for Saturday @$100 and Sunday @$100 separately if I would like to run both days?

What is the difference between CIK Shifter Final 1 & 2 and Stock Honda 1 & 2 and WKA 125 Shifter Final 1&2? Which is the more popular class?

How about daily schedule, how much track time/sessions are there during the day? I only ask because of all the classes on the registration list, seems like a million classes! And oh!, what time do the events start, so I know what time to show up!

Thanks ya’ll :)

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Paul, I’ll try to answer as many of your questions as I can.

Friday: all day practice by “groups” (4 groups- slow sprints, slow laydowns, 125 shifters and fast laydown stuff).  Usually runs from about 8:30/9 AM til about 4 PM, at which time 1 or 2 local option classes race.  You’ll get about 6 or 7 “rounds” of practice for each group, about 10 minutes for each group per session.

Saturday: practice in the AM, usually 2 or 3 short rounds.  Races start.  Each race is a stand alone race.  Meaning nothing you did Friday counts for anything on Saturday or Sunday.  No qualifying.   If you wish to race both Sat and Sun, we need to sign in for each separately.   Whatever your results from Saturday’s race has nothing to do with Sunday’s race.  Entirely different races, for their own awards.  Starting position is determined by when you register.  First in starts on pole, last in starts last.

Sunday: same deal as Saturday.  Eg: if you can only race Sunday, that’s fine.  Sunday’s races are their own separate events from Saturday.

125 Shifter classes:  The 1 and 2 thing is #1 races Sat, #2 races Sunday.  That’s the only difference.  Same drivers, karts, rules, etc.

Stock Honda is the biggest, with usually 20+ competitors.  CIK and WKA 125 are really just light and heavy.  CIK125 at 390 pounds, and WKA125 at 410 pounds.  CIK and WKA 125 are for mod motos and ICC’s, but Stock Honda’s are more the welcome to compete.

Daily schedule is part of the registration form, which is posted above.

Hope that helps,

Clark Gaynor Sr.  WKC VP.

Clark, I’m out of questions, thanks mate!

scott dixon
    Participant

One last thing to add to Clark’s  info…you have to be entered in a race in order to practice…

scott dixon
    Participant

Pre-reg closes tonight…this is your last chance to get pre-reg pricing for this event…http://worldkarting.com/downloads/eb-2013/summit_point.pdf for the entry form, or http://www.woodbridgekartclub.com/shop for online registration.

Gene Davis
    Participant

How late can we get in on Thursday and how early on Friday if I don’t make it on time Thursday?

Looks like perfect weather this weekend.

Thanks.

Gene

scott dixon
    Participant

Gates close at 11:30p open at 6a.

Keith Buffo
    Participant

FYI Scott, the entry blank says pit pass sales close at 11:30pm Thursday.

I noticed because we might be cutting it close.

scott dixon
    Participant

You are right, Keith…gates close at 11:30p on Thursday. (Corrected above)

Thanks!

Scott D.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.