Home Forums Shifter Karts PJ28 Carb setup

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Lewis 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Timothy Strawkas

Been running this carb setup to get used to the Kart. It is A Slightly modded  Motor.

keikin PJ28

H 195

R1368M needle

Runs good, Have A hard time starting some times. I use the rope around the tire. If I try to push start it usually floods. Have to crack throttle. So I think overall it may be rich. I Am going to order A few different jets up and down , but was wandering if I should change the needle? This needle doesn’t seem to be on any Karting recommended pages, but it is A factory needle.

Ben Lewis

I know I’m late to the game on this post but for anyone else who looks at this down the road for reference:

Throw the PJ away! Or sell it on ebay. You will always have issues.

Get a PWM and start with (Sea level):

DGJ needle 2nd clip (never move clip its good at 2 forever)

M168 65-75 degrees

M165-162 80-100 degrees

Pilot 54-55

*These are baseline ref only

You can sometimes pick up a cheap PWM by searching for a mid 90s YZ250. I think they also came on a few other bikes stock. Also, a common mistake is to give too much gas when push starting. Don’t give it any until you hear bah dump dump and then only give it a little. And never ever pump, you will flood it every time.

Make sure your throttle adjustments are set so that without pushing the gas pedal there is just a crack of opening between the slide and barrel. Just the teeniest bit.

Sorry to sh** on the original question but I’ve messed with the PJs before and its just not tune-able esp with a kart pipe.

" Turd Ferguson is real and he will pass your a** "

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication