Home Forums Road Racing Pittsburgh International

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Krueger 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Bob Kurkowski
    Participant

Thank You to all the guys and gals at the  Dart Kart Speedway club for hosting another well run event this weekend at Pittsburgh International Raceway. I am sure I can speak for everyone that was in attendance and say that this was one of the best karting events in the country this year. The track, the weather, and the organization were absolutely perfect.

You will be hearing a lot about this event and believe every word you hear and then some. This facility although still in the works is going to be one of the nicest racing venues in the United States and the track is unbelievable in every aspect. Trust me when I say everyone who came in after their first practice session had a smile on their face from ear to ear and I can’t put in print the words that were said to describe what they just experienced.

Hopefully Dart Kart will be returning next year and if you have anything to do with a kart club in the U.S. it is advised to wait till until Dart Kart posts their 2018 schedule because you will not want to have a event on top of this event because this is the place everyone will want to be.

Took a few pictures of the track only and because it is getting ever increasingly difficult to access many areas of most race tracks the photos do not do this track  justice. I have seen some videos posted already also and they too do not begin to show the depth of the rolling hills and elevation drops and climbs that are throughout the entire track like only a driver can experience. The photos below show only a small portion of the track, I could not access the best sections and this track features many.

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Bob K.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Bob Kurkowski.

Bruce Peck
    Participant

Yep, it is an awesome track and great facility (still in the works, but good already).  The Dart Kart group did a fantastic job as usual.   We were allowed to drive carefully to/from our pits for practice and there were no catastrophes.  (eye-roll)   I wish more tracks would allow that.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Bruce Peck.

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

The problem is Bob, as I recall, this event was a pretty late entry for this calendar year.  So it dropped on top of a WKC event at Summit Point, WV and the KART Nationals.  And as most on here involved with event scheduling know, by this time of year most org’s like WKA, WKC, KART, etc, are finalizing their schedules for 2018.  And to make it worse, most organizations and clubs have little say on what dates are offered and where.

For instance, the WKA has nearly completed it’s 2018 road race schedule, and the WKC is in the very final stages as well.  I know there were WKC members that would have liked to try Pittsburgh, but we already had our event on the books since late 2016!!!  And our members tend to be very strong supporters of the WKC and the WKA.

Let’s hope for the best for the 2018 Pittsburgh event.  But they also must be aware of what others have already scheduled.

Take care,

Clark Gaynor Sr.

WKC Board Member.

WKA, NRRC Member

Bob Kurkowski
    Participant

Clark,

Understandable on the scheduling. Guess the strong will survive….this place is BAD AZZ !

Bob K.

Ian Krueger
    Participant

Yeah

A lot of us joked saturday morning that we need a GPS to figure out if the track goes right or left after some of those huge hills, you learned to trust your gut to hit the apex’s correctly. This track was very enjoyable for everyone, plenty of safe passing, very smooth , even had a mini corkscrew!!! (turn 3 and 4 pretty much)

This was only my second national event but I was really impressed by the orginzation, the friendly ladies  at Registration constantly answering my questions about various things, the intercom was also very helpful! The event was run flawlessly, we had a pretty good turnout considering the other races going on that weekend. It’s nice because up in the North East the closest track is Summit, VIR, Mid Ohio, and now this amazing facility.

Heres a practice video since my other videos are taking there sweet time to render.

WKA sprint

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication