Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing picture of throttle cable routing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ron Horwitz 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ron Horwitz
    Participant

New to karts and I had a helpful local go through the kart with me.  In a quick decision he decided to take the KT100 off the kart, and I wasn’t watching close enough.  I’m trying to put it back together and I don’t know how the throttle linkage was routed and attached to the Walbro WB3A carb.  I know the part that the cable fits onto, but when I made an attempt it would open the throttle but then hang there and not allow the carb to close.  Does anyone have a picture or a link to show the configuration?  Many thanks.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

You want the cable to extend up and out to the right in a big loop and then turn under the airbox and go straight to the pedal. You don’t want any hard turns or friction. also, you should have some kind of return spring on the pedal, don’t depend on the carb spring alone. At the engine end is the cable housing held firm with a brass fitting or does it just slide into a small cup? If it’s a loose cup you need to put a piece of fuel tubing over it to keep it straight at the joint.
    The cable length is also critical, too short and the carb will hang open.

Gif

Ron Horwitz
    Participant

I know that it will all work, it was fine before he took it apart.  It just happened fast and I didn’t watch how it came apart.  I have the guide that bolts to the engine and the spring to prevent kinking at the end, but I just need to get the routing correct.  I was hoping that someone had a picture of one installed on a kart to use as a guide.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Ron Horwitz
    Participant

Thank you – figured it out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.