Home Forums General Karting Discussion Photo's from 2015 Northwest Gold Cup race

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rob Kozakowski 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Brent Martin
    Participant

Photo’s from the Chilliwack round of the 2015 Northwest Gold Cup race at Greg Moore Raceway are on my webpage at http://www.martinsactionphotography.smugmug.com if anyone is interested in taking a look. Enjoy

Walt Gifford
    Participant

How was that a gold cup race, all I saw were 2 strokes.

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

Walt,

The Pacific Northwest’s IKF Region 6 (and BC, Canada – Region 8) Gold Cup series has been around forever.

It has nothing to do with the WKA Gold Cup series.

Britt Robinson
    Participant

Just an observation, but if the IKF is still the governing body in which the NW Gold Cup is raced under, why are there so many competitors not wearing neck protection as required by IKF rules?

'13 Velox SK1 - CR125 -
    4th place finisher on a good day @ Tri-City Kart Club, Richland, WA

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

This is only a guess, but since the event was run in Canada, it’s possible that ASN Canada’s safety requirements may have applied.  Only juniors are required to wear neck collars/protection in Canada… it’s optional for senior drivers up here.

Britt Robinson
    Participant

It would be interesting to find out, Rob. Though take a look at Gold Cup rule #11: http://nwgoldcup.com/uploads/info_links/2015GC%20Rules%202-25-15.pdf

(Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to properly link…)

'13 Velox SK1 - CR125 -
    4th place finisher on a good day @ Tri-City Kart Club, Richland, WA

Evan Fraser
    Participant

I worked that race and if I recall correctly the neck protection rule was waived for this race.  Probably because of many of the Canadian racers being used to racing under the ASN Canada rules that don’t require it.

Nice pictures!

Evan Fraser

#43 - Formula K FK01 / Briggs LO206

West Coast Kart Club

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

Britt, I believe that any karting event held in Canada and hosted by an ASN Canada affiliated club (i.e. West Coast Kart Club) is required to be run under ASN Canada insurance.

And I’m also pretty sure that there is an agreement in place where even if the event is sanctioned by IKF (sanctioning defined as: IKF classes, IKF technical rules, and IKF sporting/competition rules apply), ASN Canada’s insurance (and insurance-related rules – driver’s safety equipment, track safety, etc.) apply.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.