Home Forums General Karting Discussion Palmyra Speedway to Re-Open in 2014

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Evan Fraser 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Dan Rudd
    Participant

The paperwork has been started and the plans are being made to re-open the Palmyra Speedway in Palmyra Michigan starting next season.

Palmyra Speedway is in Lenawee Co. and centrally located about 50 miles west of Detroit, 25 miles south of Ann Arbor and about 25 miles northwest of Toledo. The track has been in existence since about 1957 and had recently shut down for the past two years. The owner had kept the track in race-ready condition while it sat on the market for sale and therefore it will be a much smoother transition back to a booming track again.

Palmyra is a small sprint track and had been populated by Flatheads, Animals, Clones, Comers and Yamahas. The racing will likely be held on Sat afternoons and occasionally Sat nights.

Our goal is to get young kids back into the sport of karting and help support the future of kart racing in our area.

Please feel free to shoot me any questions at
    admin@lcsodive.org
    or check out our forum at
    http://palmyraspeedway.proboards.com/
    and monitor for our website which we hope to have back online soon.

Thanks,
    Dan

Mark Erpelding
    Participant

This is a very cool track….  I am glad to hera it is re-opening…  I races there around 1991 or so…

Curtis Ruth
    Participant

This track is awesome. I ran it years ago in a kt100. Shaped like a kidney bean with just one right turn. Small at about 13 seconds or so. Fun place.

Dan Rudd
    Participant

Well, if all goes according to plan we should take possession of the track on Feb 1st.

Opening day will be April 19th, weather permitting. We plan to run the first few weeks as practice before the racing schedule will start. The schedule hasn’t been finalized yet, as we’re doing our best to work around other events, neighboring tracks, etc. There will also be open practice on Wed afts/evenings for those interested.

We have been working on our fee schedule with the emphasis on keeping racing affordable and attractive for new racers.

We welcome any questions. Feel free to contact us at palmyra.karting@gmail.com and stay tuned for the launch of our website where you will be able to get the latest news, results, photos and more from Palmyra Speedway.

Thanks,

Dan

Mark Erpelding
    Participant

How about a list of classes and weights?

Dan Rudd
    Participant

Hey Mark,

We’re just finalizing the class list and will post a link when complete.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Rudd
    Participant

http://palmyraspeedway.com/

The Website is now up and running. There’s bound to be some tweaking and additions but take a look and feel free to ask questions.

Hope to see those in the area at the track.

Thanks,

Dan

Cory French
    Participant

Dan,

I have a pretty large collecion of trophies I would be willing to donate for you to use in the kid kart class.  Shoot me an email if you are interested in picking them up.  coryfrench14@yahoo.com

Phil Kish
    Participant

Well I’ve been getting flack about people not finding our website!

Darned Google search!  Here is the link

palmyraspeedway.com

Dan Rudd
    Participant

A couple more days and we’ll be open for the 1st practice of 2014. We’ve been doing lots of work on the buildings and grounds but have lots to go. We’re excited about the prospect of getting a whole new batch of kids involved in karting.

Come out if you’re close and feel free to follow along on

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Palmyra-Speedway/1384972665097348

Thanks,Dan

Phil Kish
    Participant

Our next race date is June 7th. In appreciation for our loyal racers and to try to ease the racing budgets we will be having a FREE RACING day on June 7th.

Gates will open at noon and practice starts at 1PM followed by racing at 3:30. This is the chance to bring all your karts down at once and enter as many classes as you would like all for the same price, FREE!

There will no charge for racing entries on that day. Due to insurance we still have to charge for pit passes and pit spectators but as always the Grandstands are always FREE during every race.

No excuses right?

Evan Fraser
    Participant

That’s a pretty cool little track there!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.