Home Forums Chassis & Handling OTK Axles

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TJ Koyen 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Michael Rutter
    Participant

Hello, I recently purchased a 2014 Tony Kart and have been wondering what axles people use commonly.  Which axles are the most useful to have? In the rain should i be looking for the E axle? or the U?

I managed to find this chart

from softest to hardest… E-U-Q-P-N-H-HH

So which axles would you recommend for a kart running a leopard?

Also the MXC and MXP wheels… Would you recommend spending the $800 for the MXC’s?

Tim Koyen
    Participant

Rain axle…Q or U.

MXC wheels…without a doubt.

TJ Koyen
    Participant

N axle works in the dry about 95% of the time.

MXP if you’re racing in really cold, low grip situations, MXC for anything 50*F and warmer. So basically 95% of the time.

Brian Degulis
    Participant

What ‘s the advantage to a set of $800 wheels Vrs $200 for a set of DWT’s  ??

Brian

TJ Koyen
    Participant

MXC wheels are the best for keeping the tire consistent throughout a run. We’ve back-to-backed a few different wheels including the DWT LV and SE against the MXCs and found the MXCs to be the best for keeping the kart consistent over a run and keep the tires in their prime operating window.

Jeff Shadoan
    Participant

MXC wheels are the best for keeping the tire consistent throughout a run. We’ve back-to-backed a few different wheels including the DWT LV and SE against the MXCs and found the MXCs to be the best for keeping the kart consistent over a run and keep the tires in their prime operating window.

TJ

In your testing, how did the DWT SE wheels compare to the MXPs vs MXCs?

Also, do they have the same offset as the OTK wheels? If not, how much do they differ?

TJ Koyen
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TJ Koyen wrote:</div>

TJ

In your testing, how did the DWT SE wheels compare to the MXPs vs MXCs?

Also, do they have the same offset as the OTK wheels? If not, how much do they differ?

Jeff,

It was a while ago but if I remember correctly the SE wheels felt similar to the MXCs, but the MXCs still held up better over a long run. Overall they just felt more consistent and predictable than the SEs. Both wheels felt like they took grip out of the tires and helped them run cooler.

Can’t remember the offsets off-hand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.