Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Briggs LO206 Oil change for L0206

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kacy Stahl 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

I change the oil on my L0206 very frequently with the factory Amsoil bottle recommended from the factory at Briggs, basically every track day, and it’s starting to get pricey by the bottle.

Just out of curiosity, Has anybody else tried any other regular motor oil, either conventional or full synthetic Mobil 1? Not trying to start an argument about legality or not, and not talking about race days, only practice.

Is it safe? will it cause any mechanical issues with long engine durability? Performance? Etc.

Please chime in if you have any thoughts or experience with oil types. Thank you all in advance.

Kacy Stahl
    Participant

Freddy, checkout ‘THE 16 COMMON MISTAKES, A PREVENTATIVE GUIDE’ on the Briggs site. Section 2 is about oil and can help answer this for you

http://racing.briggsandstratton.com/~/media/Files/product_catalog/Briggs%20Racing/16CommonMistakes.pdf?la=en

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Kacy

Thank you for your input, very good info.

I was just curious if anything else would work, like full synthetic Mobil 1 oil, but now I see the reason why the manufacturer only recommends Amsoil, and the reason why.

Thank you for your help, buddy.

Kacy Stahl
    Participant

No problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication