Home Forums Rotax Max Off camber turn Sr. engine popping

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Savage 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Danny Kay
    Participant

At my local track there is one particular off camber turn, and another particular turn that has a dip (nothing major) at the apex and then climbs in elevation in the exit. Both places have been trouble for me from day one in terms of engine tuning. I cannot figure out why the engine pops in these places. There have been a couple rare occurrences where popping was minimal, but i am not able to connect the dots as to why the problem occurs. Lifting on the throttle for a second and then rolling back into it allows you to keep going (filling the bowl back up?).

A little info, may be relevant, may not be:

-Local rotax guys have made no progress, nor have I.

-I am running an 8.5 with 5.2g floats

-I haven’t tried jetting outside 1 or 2 jets away from JetTech recommended.

-Carb is cleaned (although not ultrasonic), fuel pump, filter, plug, etc all replaced on a very regular basis. No difference after replacement/cleaning.

-Fuel is good ol’ ethanol laced pump gas with redline oil. Going to switch to E0 pump, but what little I understand about fuel I doubt this will make a difference.

-engine has about 14hrs on top end and 35+? on bottom.

Any suggestions appreciated!

John Savage
    Participant

Danny, Danny, Danny

The whole point of buying the fabulous Jet-Tech Software is so you can safely experiment with your jetting to get it perfect for your carb/engine/exhaust combination.

Read the instructions, watch the videos and be brave and fine tune your jetting!

Any problems then use support@rotaxjetting.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.