Home Forums Shifter Karts North East Shifter Kart Series

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Taksa 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Steve Libretto
    Participant

Now that the 2013 season is complete, I thought I’d say thanks to the people that made it a great year. After taking a 15 year break from Karting, 2013 was my first year back, and truly had a blast. Thanks to Mike Rivera for your vision in starting a. Series that welcomes drivers of all levels. Thanks to Bernard for his efforts in promoting the series and helping execute the vision, and Thanks to Marco, and the F Series staff for directing the logistics, and event management. Having a field of as large as 40 karts in shifter race with an average of 30+ in a regional series is pretty amazing. I’m looking forward to next year already!!

Anybody have any thoughts of our series joining the F series for the awards banquet?

Michael Taksa
    Participant

Any links to pictures of results sheet?  Any rsults posted?

Charles Skowron
    Participant

Michael, I’m sure they’ll be posting the results on Mylaps pretty soon now. But in the meantime, I happened to follow the race live on Race-Monitor, and got a screenshot of the results just as they finished.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77869101@N04/9887170645/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77869101@N04/9887190674/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77869101@N04/9887194064/

However, these results are UNOFFICIAL. I wasn’t there, and I have no idea if there were any changes to them after the fact.

It was probably the right move to put everyone in one group this time, despite contemplating splitting them up beforehand. It seemed like there were some big delays in the schedule and they JUST beat the darkness (and the rain) with the Shifter final. Had they split them, it might had been NJMP 2012 all over again.

And I’ll agree with everything Steve has said about the series above. I regret not going to more races this season.

Michael Taksa
    Participant

Thanks Chuck. Looks like they did end up shortening the race because of darkness, also last year the race was one month later in the year, meaning one hour or so less daylight time.  And according to the sheet they had 35 start the final, which is close enough to track max of 34:)  Good move running everyone together.

Charles Skowron
    Participant

(Michael Taksa wrote: )…Looks like they did end up shortening the race because of darkness, also last year the race was one month later in the year, meaning one hour or so less daylight time…

I remember last year’s race all too well. Standing in the middle of the track in the darkness, wondering how all the drivers going past could see.  

John and Mark Gaydos, Roman Binder, and John Sullivan all posted a qualifying time too. I’m guessing they got caught in the usual attrition in the Pre-Final.

Michael Taksa
    Participant

Yeah, visibility was poor:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.