Home Forums Autocross / Solo 2 NJ Pro, 2015

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Larry MacLeod 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Alan Sheidler
    Participant

Not even ONE KM at the NJ Pro?  I’m remembering that as a pretty kart-friendly surface.  Where did all of the East Coast kart guys go?

In the past we had a TON of karts there……  I considered entering myself, even though there are closer events.  This is baffling to me.

Scott Boito
    Participant

Wow, that’s interesting!  10 hours is too far for me and I’m racing in S Carolina the weekend before.

Steve Lower
    Participant

When we ran there a couple years ago the surface was super slick. The car guys said it had grip but you couldn’t prove that to us. Also, I’m sure it was course design but we got the hell beat out of us. Alot of across the drainage swales resulting in ALOT of air time. Even for me! Quite a few of the high spots were right at the apex of the corners so landing on an angle just felt like being punched in the ribs. I understand some of it has been repaved so maybe it’s a little better now but I don’t have any plans on going back unless it’s in something with fenders, doors, and suspension.

Alan Sheidler
    Participant

So, this is not “The Meadowlands”, where a couple of Pro events have been held before?  Perhaps it is another site, and I just did not look closely enough.   The pavement at the location I am thinking of was quite good.  Excellent even, with plenty of grip and minimal tire wear.

Scott Boito
    Participant

I think Steve is confusing Meadowlands with Dover.  Dover should never be run in a kart, at least back then.  Meadowlands is quite the opposite.

Steve Lower
    Participant

Trust me, I’m not confusing Meadowlands with Dover. The asphalt at Meadowlands was smooth, but we simply couldn’t get any forward traction. And like i said i’m sure it was the course design beating us up. Airborn and landing sideways was not fun. I’ve been sore after running other places but I literally thought i broke some ribs there. Even with my vest!

I agree with ya about Dover. That transition between the two lots is killer. No kart for me there ever again.

Larry MacLeod
    Participant

Alan,

The only time I ran at Meadowlands (2013) it was really bumpy in a couple of spots, some were right at the breaking or turn in point.  I’m not interested in running there again if it’s the same pad.

Maybe the previous time you ran there it was on a different area of the stadium parking lot?

Larry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication