Home Forums Road Racing Newbie, need some help.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Cole 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eric Bertrand
    Participant

I am completely new to enduro kart racing and have a lot of questions, I am struggling to find information surprising as it may be. I come from the autocross/track day world and so I am familiar with reading a rulebook and all. My questions relate to gearing, what to bring to my first event, what to prepare for, resources for information and such. I will be running a KT100 on a sit up sprint kart, any idea of a range of gearing I should be looking at? Thanks.

Ric mcDade
    Participant

Feel free to call me, and I’ll do my best to answer your questions.  Ric McDade 417-496-0428

David Cole
    Keymaster

Eric,

It helps to know where you are going to race. Thanks.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Eric Bertrand
    Participant

Ric, I will give you a call tomorrow, what times work best for you?

Gingerman would be the track I will be going to.

Thanks.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Thanks Eric. I was the first kart to driver there back in 1996 with a Yamaha Situp LOL

My guess is you will be running with the Championship Enduro Series in September? First you will want to review their rules. Make sure you have the proper safety gear, and also that your kart meets the safety standards as well.

The events are two days. You get a couple practice sessions in the morning before you run your race in the afternoon – each day. It’s a laid back atmosphere and very friendly people are there, ready to help if you have questions or concerns.

Regarding gearing, I believe 16/78 with belt drive is a place to start. Post any more specific questions you may have. Thanks.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication