Home Forums Road Racing New to Road Racing with a Stock Honda

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Byron Rothenhoefer 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Michael Sachs
    Participant

i am going to Roebling Road in March with my stock Honda sprint kart. I was wondering what changes I need to make to the kart for road racing. Like wheel size, tire compounds, gearing, chain oiler, etc.

Also what class should I run. I am 55  and have no idea. Also would like to pit with someone of the same class so I can have someone to ask for advice if possible.

Michael Sachs
    Tony Kart/ Stock Honda
    Tony Kart/Rotax
    2015 FKCS President

Byron Rothenhoefer
    Participant

The class would be Stock Honda. (390 lbs). You could also participate in cik125(modified 125/kz 385 lbs)

Most common tire is MG yellow although some have had issues there w / excessive wear or blistering. Some have used MG orange.  Chassis setup obviously makes a difference.  Wheels are the same as sprint.

I’ve never run Roebling Road but I’d expect gear ratios to be around 1.20. 19/23 15/18 16/19.  Not sure chain oilers are allowed, but a good chain lube like silkolene applied every outing should be fine.

Some things to watch for sprint to RR is brake and steering components must be safety wired, a secondary cable or back up between brake pedal and master cylinders.  Full width rear bumper, newer plastic ones meet requirements may be a bit much on drag compared to steel tube rear bumpers.

Have fun.

Stock Honda 13

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication