Home Forums General Karting Discussion Need to change this websites name

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Clark Gaynor Sr. 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Tim Landon
    Participant

Should be called Manufacturers Cup News.  Pretty much all they cover from what I see. Hardly squat about Road Racing!

David Cole
    Keymaster

LOL. I just love these messages and posts.

Race Monitor was on for Road Racing. Download the app and watch live as the race was happening. In order to do a true Road Race report, you have to wait until the end of the event. There are over 40 classes to talk about and Buddy Long does a great job writing up the race reports for each of the NRRS events.

Myself, I am a Road Racing ‘lifer’ and was watching the live timing while doing the Man. Cup coverage all three days. Spent my Wednesday morning going around saying hi to all my road racing friends and snapping pictures when I could.

WKA will have a NRRS recap of the event in the coming days. For now, head to Race Monitor or Race Hero as the results were published on the live timing and in their results sections.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Ya’, I watched Race Monitor TOO much!!  Geeez–  You can actually see each lap as the transponders hit start finish, and watch the time run down.  Pretty cool actually.

Clark Gaynor Sr.

Tim Landon
    Participant

LOL, I love the response.  Have to go to another site for anything on road racing, or the dirt series for that matter.  But on this site, for Man Cup, they will post top 5 practice times, heat results, post pictures, name names, write articles and so on. Daily if not hourly.  What I would call full coverage.  But I understand.  Man Cup is where the money is. I get it.  And as we racers know, money talks, everything else walks.

Brian Spek
    Participant

Well maybe the poster can go and make a roadracing site and keep it updated.

Ray Mcik
    Participant

Hi David, just question for you, could you possibly post the class size when posting results ? Also not sure how hard it would be to also list all the entries in each class as well.   Many of us sometimes busy when the races are going on , it would be nice to come here review the days results other then just the top ten.

tony zambos
    Participant

I would have had no objection to a large production company with a half dozen pit reporters and a dozen camera crews covering the road races. But I survived with a combination of Race Monitor and posts from a few FB friends. Thank you to all of them. Hope there will be more posts from more people next year. Guess I’ll need more racing friends in the future. Never thought though of checking Speedhive during the weekend. The results are there now but have know idea of how soon after the race they were posted.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

David Cole
    Keymaster

Here is the link to the results They were posted up over the weekend I believe, not after each day – which is another thing the organization really needs to look at doing.

Tim, what exactly are you looking for regarding coverage of the Road Racing?

Greg Wright
    Participant

I would also like to hear Tim’s thought. I’ve got my own but you’ve heard most of my rants.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

David Cole
    Keymaster

Glad to see you make a return to Daytona Greg. I’m sure you and my dad will meet on the track with the vintage karts one day this year.

Greg Wright
    Participant

Thanks David, this is just what I needed in my life. Looking forward to seeing your dad this season.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Tim Landon
    Participant

Anything would be better than what I’ve seen, which is nothing.  I don’t run a Karting News website, you do.

Matt Martin
    Participant

Anything would be better than what I’ve seen, which is nothing.  I don’t run a Karting News website, you do.

He runs a karting news site and forum – not a mind-reading service.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140710164254-11901792-don-t-stop-complaining-complain-effectively

Tim Landon
    Participant

Geez man.  All I’m saying is it would be nice to see a little coverage of road racing events, that’s all.  Maybe some pictures.  Some results.  Some write-ups, etc.  No need to get your panties in a wad.  If it doesn’t happen I aint losin no sleep over it.

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

For the most part, it comes down to manpower. David was the sole EKN staffer in Daytona and he manned our EKN Trackside Live coverage of the Manufacturers Cup event. There are three unique events going on at once, and it’s financially impossible to have each event staffed with a reporter. It’s just the reality of the business model. If a volunteer were to step up to provide photos and race reports, we could definitely look at that. But, we’ve been doing this for 15+ years and that’s not going to happen.

You asked about dirt coverage, and we just don’t cover dirt. EKN’s editorial focus in on sprint and road racing.

Next year, we have plans for both David and I to be trackside for Kartweek, and I’m planning to have David race as well. With 2x the staff, I’d love to be able to go deeper into the road race side of the facility, as we both love the discipline.

Thank you for clarifying what you’d like to see in terms of road race coverage. There’s only so much we can do, but if we get actual constructive input from our readers, it will help us when we’re planning trackside coverage.

Rob Howden - eKartingNews.com Publisher / Editor - @RobHowden

Tim Landon
    Participant

Thank You Rob.  I appreciate that. I understand the dirt thing.  It’s too dirty.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Here is my take on what I saw during the event. From the Tower

Rob Howden
    Keymaster

Thank You Rob. I appreciate that. I understand the dirt thing. It’s too dirty.

Personally,I love racing dirt as well. I used to publish a dirt and pavement karting magazine called ‘Speedway USA’. I raced at Daytona, Tulsa, Lightning Valley and Riverside, for example, and loved it. There’s a sweet science to being fast on the dirt, and as a driver, it was a great challenge. I’ll run the Daytona Dirt again someday soon.

Rob Howden - eKartingNews.com Publisher / Editor - @RobHowden

Tim Landon
    Participant

Very nice article David Cole !

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Ditto David!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication