Home Forums Shifter Karts Need Reinforced Axle???

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Todd Kageals 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Todd Kageals
    Participant

Unfortunately I need to replace the axle on my GP10.  The current axle says M20 +R which I assumes means “reinforced”.  I found the M20 swift crg replacement axles but I can’t find anything to say whether or not they are reinforced.  This is for a stock Honda shifter.  Do I need a reinforced axle?  If so, where can I get one?

Thanks,

Todd

Chris Bany
    Participant

I would highly recomed the +R.  You are correct – reinforced.  I tried a NONreinforced M20 axle on my shifter and it broke on track.

Shameless plug: I have used M20+R, and T1+R CRG axles for sale.

Curtis Cooksey
    Participant

Todd, all of the Swift axles are reinforced at the sprocket.

Todd Kageals
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>That’s great information.  Thanks.</div>
    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”> </div>
    <div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Curtis Cooksey wrote:</div>
    Todd, all of the Swift axles are reinforced at the sprocket.

Todd Kageals
    Participant

I’d still like to buy a spare axle Chris.  Shoot me a PM with the price (assuming it’s straight ;)

Todd

Brian Degulis
    Participant

I’m not sure but the R might indicate that there is a sleeve around 4″ long inside the axle with holes in it that line up with the keyways in the axle. The sleeve is normaly driven in and positioned where the sprocket clamps on. I think it’s more to prevent crushing the axle with the sprocket and to provide a little more thickness for the key. The hard swift axle comes with that piece in it or if you have one it could be removed from the old axle. Push it out the side that’s not bent.

Brian

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.