Home Forums General Karting Discussion need opinion about f100 kart club

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wayne hayden 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wayne hayden
    Participant

what are your thoughts & opinion about . the club is letting a senior driver race in a junior class. the driver has over a year of racing good or bad ? the club dose offer a senior novice class to race in not sure why the rules state 12 – 15 jr 16 up senior. I guess you can get a waver to stay based on only been racing for a year. the say ? or been helped and supported by a kart shop in town that needs a jr driver not a senior.. what are your thought on this thanks ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

For me, it would depend entirely on the demeanor and character of the “senior”… if s/he was self-disciplined and cautious and stayed out of the junior’s way, I’d consider letting them run IF THERE WERE NO SENIORS AVAILABLE FOR THE SENIOR CLASS.  Otherwise, why invite potential conflict?  Short of a developmental disability, I’d make him run with the Senior Novice class with more similar ages…

www.facebook.com/hamiltonhelmets/
    2014 Praga Dragon / IAME KA-100

Walt Gifford
    Participant

I’ve raced against some guys with developmental disability.

Seriously, everything is usually cool until someone outside the rules starts winning. I can understand if he’s got no other class to run in but there should be a weight penalty or something. Need more info.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Brian Patterson
    Participant

Wayne

I asked the same questions this year. The reason he wanted to stay down is that he is small. He is running in the 310lb class with weights bolted all over the kart. I don’t have a problem with it.

We have the opposite problem with a driver who just turned 14 and 5’10”. The scales aren’t kind to us. We will probably waiver up next year.

It’s too bad that you didn’t come to the race at Grange. Said driver charged hard all day and won the main. That’s his first win since he started karting. I was glad to see him do well. With that under his belt, he may consider moving up.

Why does this bother you so much? You said that you were moving from karting to cars.

wayne hayden
    Participant

thanks for all the input looks like lakc is the only club that runs by the what the say , my kart kart has over 25 lbs on lead all over it just to make weight if I could put more on it I would move my driver up to the next class . the should make that driver weight more make him run 340 . karting has never been run fair . and they are letting a big name engine builder over see tec and do you think any on his stuff is being dQ I am only saying this because clubs need to make it the same for everyone we all spend a lot of money doing this for are kids

wayne hayden
    Participant

your so right the should make the driver run senior weight in the jr class or let my 310 driver run in senior class at 310 not 360 ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication