Home Forums General Karting Discussion Need help with kart ID

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Gary Osterholt 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Steve Eamiello
    Participant

Hey guys

Just picked up a kart and need some help.. the ID tag behind the seat is gone. From what I’ve gathered it’s one of Tony Kart’s offshoot brands- I just can’t pinpoint which one, so any help would be greatly appreciated. The frame is blue with gold tie rods and OTK master cylinder. Front & rear brakes with TK marked discs. TK pedals and steering wheel. Fireball 125..

Matt Martin
    Participant

are the blue ones FA kart?

Steve Eamiello
    Participant

Steve Eamiello
    Participant

From what I’ve seen, yes.. but not exactly sure..

Aaron Hachmeister
    Participant

It depends, theres two blue OTK chassis, the darker blue/purple of the Kosmic and the lighter blue of the FA. This chassis is an FA from the powdercoat, but the lack of other OTK components is a little strange… The tie rods are OTK, but I’d have expected it to carry OTK bodywork, and the seat. Definitetly interesting to see, granted I’m not the expert of karts by any means. What do you plan on doing with it?

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Steve. This is an early Tony Kart model ( pre 08 or 09) Maybe even older, as the side pod nerf bars go towards the front rather than on the side, it also has a welded tab at the end of the inside  frame rail at the back.

Overall I think it may be a 2002 to 2008 Tony Kart Mitox, and somebody powder coated it blue, as there were no Alonso karts or Kosmic Karts back then.

Anyhow, I hope this helps, and good luck with your plans. FastFreddy.  .)

Nik Goodfellow
    Participant

Its a Tonykart Mitox 2000-2002, powder coated blue. You can tell it is pre-2003 due to the old style sidepod mounting bars configuration (angled rather then straight).

Back then FA kart didn’t exist but Kosmic has been around since the 90s’.

Looks to be mainly authentic components, with extended front for tall drivers. Back then tonykart ran tillet seats.

Steve Eamiello
    Participant

2000-02? The markings on the Fireball motor are US 2118

11.06- so the motor is an 06? I’m obviously not sure of the motor numbers either.. thank you both for your help.. so you both agree on year /model?

Steve Eamiello
    Participant

Aaron- I’m actually trying to trade it for a Banshee.. or ATC250R / Fourtrax.. We’ll see how it goes!

Nik Goodfellow
    Participant

Engines and karts are interchangeable. You could theoretically put a 2016 motor on a 2001.
    Sorry I don’t know much about the PRD fireball, but I had a Mitox in 2001 and 2002.

Steve Eamiello
    Participant

Ok.. now that we’ve solved that riddle- anyone know what it’s worth? I know the Fireball motor goes for around $1500..

Anyone? Bueller??

Dan Brown
    Participant

Brand new Fireball engine packages are around $1500, they are a very reasonably priced TaG package. Used ones on here typically bring around $500-$600.

Gary Osterholt
    Participant

Complete package at most would be around $750- $1000 due to the age of both.

Gary Osterholt
    GO Designs, LLC
    http://www.godesigns.us

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication