Home Forums Non-Karting Motorsports Discussion NASCAR SHOULD BE ASHAMED

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Baldwin 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Seems as thought the race at Richmond ended in quite a bit of CONTROVERSY  . Edwards wins the event JUMPING the START on the last caution . Boyer HMMMM !!! SPINS !!Allowing his team-mate to qualify for the CHASE . Ryan Newman gets Screwed , Kurt Busch makes the CHASE . Logano in , Jeff Gordon OUT .

WHAT SAY YOU ???

jeff grose
    Participant

Well the flagman did wave the GREEN FLAG, they could have went to caution and restarted but they didn’t,,,,,was there mention of this in post-race interviews,,,,,,I changed channels after the checkered flag,,,,,,,,,there was a Gilligan’s Island Marathon on and I didn’t want to miss it :)

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Jeff: Strange as this may sound the Flag Man actually does NOT make the START CALL . This is done by David Hoots up in RACE CONTROL who tells him WHEN to throw the GREEN FLAG .

As relates to GILLIGANS ISLAND MARATHON , I could NEVER figure out WHO was the “HOTTEST CHICK ” on the Show Ginger , Mary Ann , or Mrs. Powell !!! lol

jeff grose
    Participant

i guess Hoots was watching the Gilligan’s Island Marathon too,,,,,,,,,,,,,because i thought Edwards got a jump at the start too,,,,,oh well

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Jeff: edwards certainly did  ‘JUMP THE START ” Maybe 2 car lenghts . There was enough time to to have called off the start yet Edwards Claimed MENARD spun his tires . Menard  DID NOT think that was the case . Biggest loosers at the end were Newman and Gordon . Gordon got bunched up on the restart due to that . If it had restarted PROPERLY and he had improved 1 position he would have made the CHASE .

John Kuntze
    Participant

Don’t know why people get upset with this NASCAR changes the outcome of a race all the time with the fake cautions at the end of the races. They did it to Brian Scott on Friday with a BS caution because a car got high a brushed the wall and kept going.

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

John K: to some extent you are correct . Having done a Mirimid of different jobs as a GLORIFIED Gopher for NASCAR including working the debris on track trucks it was ALWAYS EMPHASIED to us ” If we throw a caution and deem debris on turn 3 you WILL look the entrance ,the turn and the exit and you WILL pick-up SOMETHING ! ” Sometimes it was obvious ,sometime NOT . Point being THEY wanted to CONTROL the race as they saw fit . Though you would be surprised some things we did find . A few things COULD have caused a tire issue but really a piece of foil or a hotdog wrapper .?

As this was the final event before “THE CHASE” , A PRODUCT that THEY HEAVILY MARKET there are a lot of $$$ on the line . Personally I liked it better when the WHOLE SERIES determined the outcome of the winner and NOT re-setting the points to the final few races . We are STUCK with it and I DON’t see it Changing . Thought you have to give credit they are the MASTERS of  MARKETING .

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Should have also added unless it was debris pick-up from an obvious wreck the Special debris we picked up always went into a Special container . lol

Justin Martin
    Participant

Its Nascar… What do you expect??

I hear more advertising on “the fight that may brew in the pits” than I do about the race its self…

I might get flamed for this… But Nascar today is jsut as fake as WWF/WWE or whatever the hell that wrestling crap is.

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Justin: Thanks for ruining my day by saying Rasling ” IS FAKE ” !!!

As far as RACING goes NASCAR MAKES THE RULES and CONTROLS the TRACKS .

Everybody KNOWS the DEAL going into it . Don’t like it PLAY elsewhere is there Moto.

Actually Indy Car and the NHRA have somewhat the same ATTITUDE

CROSS
    Participant

NASCAR is the WWE of auto racing. There is no debating this. Anyone that thinks NASCAR does not manipulate things to get certain results or action on the track is wearing blinders.

Brian Mead
    Participant

FWIW :http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-sources-nascar-boots-truex-234622690–nascar.html

NASCAR defining what a “team” can and can’t do. MWR has been oily a times, starting with the first intro attemp at Daytona. That being said, as we all know, it wasn’t spelled out not to, was it? Therefore…. well.

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Brian : Thanks for the update . Sounds like MWR will be BURNING the MIDNIGHT OIL in the DAMAGE CONTROL DEPT . QUITE the embarrassment for NAPA , AARONS , and 5 HOUR ENERGY . WELL that is certainly 10-12 million per team in WASTED ADVERTISING DOWN the DRAIN . Do you THINK the fans will continue to support those companies ? OR Business as USUAL. ?

Had this discussion with the wife she said ” Guess we are LUCKY Mikey did NOT become our son-in-law .! ”

IF you look at the BIG picture though the fine $300,000.00 is really a drop in the bucket all things considered . As the team owner in PARTNERSHIP with others ,it somewhat boils down to WHO you surround yourself with .I personally have never LIKED Ty Norris from day 1 . Don’t think they will be holding their heads too high at the next event though .

Brian Mead
    Participant

You have to wonder if the fallout is over from this. The crawl on espn had alot of  “i’m sorrys”  and Norris got mentioned by name. Wouldn’t be surpised if he is served up and launched to appease the corporate money.  Napa has been with MW forever, but it was their car that got bounced. As  we all are well aware, racing is fueled by fantastic sums of  money.  Getting your hands on it is a full time job for lots of people.  If it goes away,  because of  a dumb bad movie move, lots of people are going to be out of work.  Ask Nelson Piquet how that works out for you when your found out.

Justin Martin
    Participant

Sounds like im not the only one who would willing compare NASCAR with wrestling….

Please… NASCAR is the ONLY event where you hear commentating with lines such as “Be sure to stay tuned after the race, I feel a fight is brewing”

Really? REALLY??

THAT is racing?

Justin Martin
    Participant

For Reference… No one hates F1 more than NASCAR fans…

To put it in perspective, Adrian Sutil got suspended from F1 for 18 months for a bar fight. In other words two complete seasons since he would be worthless halfway through a season… Meanwhile NASCAR advertises fights…

Brian Mead
    Participant

looks like napa & 5 hour might dump mwr. Oops.

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Brian : I think both NAPA and 5 hour energy will be EVALUATING their participation with MWR

Though it appears that it is NOT just the team but also the relationship they have with the Driver .

At this point everybody is going through the motion of ” DAMAGE CONTROL” It will be interesting to see WHAT announcements are made at the END of the season . If there is any chance of MWR keeping the Sponsorship I am pretty sure that TY NORRIS will have to GO .

Quite honestly I do NOT see NAPA leaving NASCAR . Not sure about 5 hour energy . Napa has always been a big FRIEND of NASCAR ” RaceSponsor , etc; The fine by OUR standards is High $300,000.00 but really a drop in the bucket as relates to their overall corp Advertising . If you are NOT a racefan you probably are NOT worried about doing business with NAPA

The NAPA name will still be on the side of Truex’s car for the rest of the season though not affiliated with the CHASE . In my opinion the FANS could CARE LESS about the CHASE

Brian Mead
    Participant

wheels coming off at nascar.  add this guy, you can’t get in, its ok to let you lead a lap, butyou can’t slow down, positions on the track for sale, to be honest, this has probably  been ongoing forever, but the teams were a little more clever in concealing and nascar a bit better in turning a blind eye. They only have themselves to blame, too much corporate influence, too much money, too much greed from the France family, I guess it really is wwe racing.  More honest running in karts by far.

Bob Baldwin
    Blocked

Brian : Great comment about the $$$ deal . Ain’t it Amazing how NOW with Gordon in the CHASE all 4 Hendrick teams going for the BIG PRIZE lol CERTAINLY CHEVROLET had NOTHING to do with that decision !!!

Just follow the $$$$ when it comes to the BIG MULTI-CAR teams

All the drivers at the multi-car teams know WHENCE , Where , and How their Money is derived . If it affects the team it affects them . Sometimes it is hard to SEPERATE the BUSINESS of Racing from the SPORT of RACING

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.