Home Forums Tech Talk MyChron External Battery Suggestions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sanford Mitz 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Sanford Mitz
    Participant

I’m taking a MyChron powered data bridge from a TAG Kart to a shifter.
    Interested in any suggestions on the best external battery to use.
    (smaller and lighter the better)

Thanks

Sanford Mitz

Dave Rosenthal
    Participant

Greetings,

I run a shifter and had a similar question.  I called up the AIM folks and they told me just grab a 9.6V RC battery.  Here is what I purchased from Amazon for $16 bucks:
    <h1 id=”title” class=”a-size-large a-spacing-none” style=”box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; font-size: 21px !important; line-height: 1.3 !important; margin: 0px 0px 0px !important 0px;”><span id=”productTitle” class=”a-size-large” style=”box-sizing: border-box; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 1.3 !important;”>Tenergy 9.6V 2000mAh NiMH High Capacity Battery Pack for RC </span></h1>
    I bought a charger as well.  I mounted it right in front of my gas tank, and I charge it in place.

Hope this helps,
    DaveR

Dave Rosenthal
    Participant

Woops – ok, cut and paste didn’t work so well.  My purchase was from Amazon for a: Tenergy 9.6V 2000mAh NiMH High Capacity Battery Pack for RC cars.

Good luck!
    DaveR

Sanford Mitz
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I picked up the same information out of a karting site in the UK-much appreciated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.