Home Forums Tech Talk Mychron 3 gold to 4

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Reinhardt 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ace Rossi
    Participant

I have  a 3 gold that has gone haywire (not reading temps correctly) and thinking about upgrading to a 4. My 3 gold mounts behind the steering wheel. My question is, will the 4 mount in the same place in the same wheel or do I need to buy a new wheel too? If the 4 has to be mounted on top of the wheel, is there any way I can use my existing wheel?

Thanks

Jeff Shadoan
    Participant

I assume you’re talking about Mychron brand steering wheels. The Mychron-3 and 4 are completely different shape so the 4 will not mount in the opening of a 3 steering wheel (from the bottom side). You may be able to make an adapter to somehow mount the 4 on top of the wheel or possibly use threaded rod to extend the length of the stud on the bottom of the Mychron.

John Savage
    Participant

I would think long and hard before you replace your 3 Gold, they are a great unit and I am sure it will not take much to get it repaired and then it should give you many more years of good service.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

I would think long and hard before you replace your 3 Gold, they are a great unit and I am sure it will not take much to get it repaired and then it should give you many more years of good service.

+1

Send it back to Mychron and have it repaired….

PS Is there anybody that can fix the quote button????  This is really annoying…

Troy V Smith
    Participant

^+2

I had the same issue with faulty temp readings on a Gold – it was nothing more than light corrosion on the board – cleaned and returned by MyChron for about 30 bucks.  I also went to a 4 from a Gold – all of my karts now however, carry the 3’s!

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Not that there’s anything wrong with the ‘s, there’s certainly more options, just that to get the same functionality of a 3 Gold in a 4, it will cost you more than $800….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.