Home Forums Road Racing MIS Fall Classic September 24 & 25

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Greg Wright 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bill Anderson
    Participant

Registration for Michigan Kart Club’s Michigan International Speedway Fall Classic is open.  The early bird entry fees only last until Friday July 15, so if you want the lowest fees, sign-up now at http://www.michkartclub.com .  We will run the same layout and race the same clockwise direction as we did at all our previous events.  One mile of the oval, one mile of the infield. Repaved in 2012.

George Badger
    Participant

The spring event at MIS was my first road race in a kart for about 25 years and I had a great time there.  MIS is a nice facility and Bill and his club do a nice job of putting on the event.  I will be bringing two karts to the fall event, my Yamaha can sprint enduro and a Briggs LO206 CIK kart for the new class that was just added.

Please let anyone you know with a 206 CIK kart that they can come out and run at MIS without making a bunch of modifications or adding dual brakes.   Basically add a brake tether cable and change gears and go racing.

Here is a link to my video from the spring race if you want to get a good look at the track layout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdHK3DeYQVM

Eric Stockford
    Participant

This should be a great event!!!!

We have four piston port sprinters getting ready to load up and head west from Boston  in two weeks!!!!

The new guy  “Jerry” will be starting his karting career…….at 50 something!!!!

Hope all of you can make it, the spring race was a blast!!!!!

Eric

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

What a great weekend at MIS! Perfect weather and a really fun track. MKC did their usual fine job putting on this event. If you are a road racer and have not made it to MIS, you are missing out. It’s a truly unique track.

A big thanks to MKC for a fun weekend of racing!

Greg Wright
    Participant

Yeah kudos to MKC on a well run event. however surely there is a better solution to slowing the karts down turning into the infield besides the walking speed autocross layout that was used. Not bitching, just saying.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Eric Stockford
    Participant

If you missed this weekend you missed one of the best racing weekends of the season. Turnout was very strong, Piston Port sprint had over 12 entries with the top 5 less than a second apart in lap times.

We didn’t see any major issues with the turn at the end of the oval, may have been a little slow on the exit but we had three or four laps in a row where we were three wide heading into the turn.

The split between classes should have been a little more, we caught the tail end of the first class on the first lap which causes a pile up.

Thank you MKC and your team for a great weekend,

Eric Stockford

Jeremy Baldi
    Participant

Had great time even if I smashed my kart at the end of the weekend, but was able to walk away so not to much harm done.  Even through turn 3 was were I crashed I still thought the way it was laid out this year was the best yet.  I kept my speed up better than years past and found it much easier to make the corner smooth.

Heard there are 2 events at MIS again next year and looking forward to going back.

Jeremy Baldi

TM K9b F-125 Laydown

Jeremy Baldi
    Participant

Here is vid of the weekend including crash.

Jeremy Baldi

TM K9b F-125 Laydown

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

I agree with Jeremy, T-3 was the best it’s ever been. It had a nice line and flow.

Brad Alan
    Participant

I too had a blast this past weekend at MIS.  Thanks MKC.  There was great competition in the stock honda and 125 shifter classes.  Looking forward to going back next year!

Jeremy – glad you were able to walk away from that crash.  It was wicked.

Brad

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Brad Alan.

Greg Wright
    Participant

Very lucky guy there Jeremy, that could have been uglier.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication