Home Forums Road Racing Mid-Ohio Wrap Up

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brian Wilhelm 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andy Leighninger
    Participant

Fellow Road Racers,

With the enduro karting season now in full swing, I’d like to thank all those drivers and crew members that attended the Dart Kart Club hosted event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Those that made it to the track were awarded with a complete race schedule despite the weathers attempts to put a damper on the weekend. With efforts from the entire DKC staff, we were able to give you the racer what you came for, a great time throughout the event. While track conditions varied for some the earlier races, plenty of drivers attacked the slick course with an aim to grab top honors and take home their own Grand National trophy. There was also a good deal of dry track drama to keep racers and onlookers alike entertained right up until the last race.

We have now put the second exciting race weekend of the Road Race Series officially in the books. Season point standings have been updated and will be posted on the DKC website under the Points tab. The MYLAPS results have also being finalized and posted for you to take a look at your individual lap times as well as your competitor’s times. Please follow the link to see the complete results: http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1160448

I hope to see you all in August for our next history making series event at the new National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park track as karts take to the raceway for the first time in mass. Watch for more thrilling details regarding the third race of the 2015 AKRA Road Race Series as they are released.

Sincerely,

Andy Leighninger

DKC President

Jeremy Baldi
    Participant

Thanks again to DKC and AKRA for putting on a great event. Once again the weather tried to do it’s worst and once again the folks in charge did a great job of getting the racers as much track time as possible and while some were wet all races were run. Thanks to everyone who helps put the event on.

I love running in the rain and while I got lots of wet running in I will say something happened to Mid Ohio that made it quite challenging. Not sure if they put a different sealer on or something but it was like driving on ice even with brand new wets. Still had lots of fun getting soaked though.

I put together a vid of some of my breaks and spins which there were many of because the track was so slick when wet. Hope you get some joy and laughs from the vid.

Jeremy Baldi

David Cole
    Keymaster

So what broke?

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Jeremy Baldi
    Participant

Frist break was when my left front hub bearing failed and fell out and my wheel got all wobbly. The break in the race (end of the vid when I was leading by 20 secs) was the bracket that holds the right front caliper on. It has been on the kart for all 8 plus seasons the kart has raced. Didn’t show any signs of fatigue but I guess it was just it’s time. It allowed the caliper to go under the kart and than bend tie-rods and steering arm on the way around. Chassis is fine and replacement parts are being ordered and designed. Glad it happened than and not at the end of the straight.

Jeremy Baldi

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

You really did a good job of clutching it and keeping it running through all those!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication