Home Forums Road Racing Michigan International Speedway Sept. 6 & 7

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Anderson 1 day, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Bill Anderson
    Participant

Michigan Kart Club’s M.I.S. Fall Classic, Sept. 6 & 7  is a “can’t miss” event.  Two miles of smooth asphalt, including the infield road course, a meticulously maintained facility, on a race weekend that fits the national schedule quite nicely.  If top speed is what you’re after, this is the place.  Unlimited’s topped 146 MPH last year.   Garages available.  Pre-Entry discounts at http://michkartclub.com/2014-m-i-s-event/. Register Online.

Bill Anderson
    Participant

Special Note: The M.I.S. Fall Classic is sanctioned by WKA, and follows WKA Rules with local option classes, and uses WKA Insurance.  This is not a WKA National Points race or Regional race.  We therefore require a Minors’ Release for Minor Drivers to be filled out, and signed at the Entry Gate, where pit passes are sold, and again at Race Registration. We understand that WKA membership cards indicate that a minor driver may have a waiver on file, but we cannot honor that card information at this event.
    For your convenience, a copy of the waiver form is available on the MKC web site and may be printed out, IN COLOR, notarized, and be submitted by a minor at the track in case that minor’s parent or guardian is unable to attend the event.
    If you have any further questions, please contact me.

Thanks

Jeremy Baldi
    Participant

Do you know if they are going to have race monitor up and running for this event?

Bill Anderson
    Participant

We plan to have race Monitor running at this event.

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Bill,

Will we need a current WKA license?

If so, will MKC offer the “weekend pass”?

Bill Anderson
    Participant

No need for a WKA license.  The event is neither a National Points Race nor a Regional race.

Buy a pit pass, enter a class, pass safety tech, and you are ready.  We will follow the WKA rulebook for most classes when it comes to ages, weight, and engine specifications. There are local option classes based on kart combinations most racers are familiar with.

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Thanks Bill.

With the facility so close to home it is high on the priority list. Once again we should have our sponsor visiting and hope for good weather.

I know Kenny has already secured the garage and we are very much looking forward to MIS again this year!!!!!!!

RPM

Robert Lawson
    Participant

WOW….just looked at the schedule.

Gonna be tough to do back to back F-125 and Unltd. races both days.

Not sure I could do that when I was a kid, ehh…..but I am crazy enough to try it!!!!!

Talk about a high intensity weight loss plan! Oh boy….

RPM

Bill Anderson
    Participant

Don’t forget to visit the MKC website http://www.michkartclub.com and get your early bird discount for MIS.  The price changes Aug. 1, 2014.

Bill Anderson
    Participant

Friday Morning, Aug 1, 2014, at 12:01 AM the MIS pre-entry price increases.  Get your entries submitted on the MKC website before end of the day Thursday July 31.

Payment by Check, credit card, or PayPal.

Bill Anderson
    Participant

In response to the request by the F125 guys to race twice on Saturday ( race in both F125 and Unlimited), the schedule has been readjusted so they don’t have to run back to back.

We will adjust Sunday schedule later if needed.

Check the MKC web site http://www.michkartclub.com for updated schedule information relative to this issue.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.