Home Forums 250 Superkarts Metric Wheels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alan Sheidler 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Alan Sheidler

Is there an easy source for the 6″ metric wheels, which I am assuming are what is commonly run on many of the Superkarts?

Ian Harrison

Not sure what dimensions you are wanting metric??

Superkart tyres are sized in imperial units i.e. 5.00″ wide x 6″ dia, 5.50″ wide x 6.00″ dia, 8.00″ wide x 6″ dia, 8.10″ wide x 6.00″ dia. etc, etc.

Wheel widths will be referred to in either inches or mm (approximations) depending on which part of the world you come from i.e. 8″ wide = 200mm, 5″ wide = 120mm etc.

The main manufacturer of Superkart wheels is Ross Edwards in Australia. I believe that they are imported into the US by Burris????

Best Regards

Ian :-)

Alan Sheidler

I should have been a bit more specific: The Metric part refers to the bolt pattern for attachment to the hubs.  In the States, there is still a huge portion of the sport, fairly collected in the circle-track segment, which uses inch fractions measurements.  The wheels for each (Euro = Metric, American = Inch) are sport segment specific, although crossover is always possible.

So, what I want to know is:  Where can I go most easily (website with online ordering?) to obtain 6″ Metric bolt-pattern kart racing wheels?

Thanks for the reply Ian.

Gerry MCN

John Benson

Burris racing

Alan Sheidler

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.