Home Forums 250 Superkarts Metric Wheels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alan Sheidler 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Alan Sheidler
    Participant

Is there an easy source for the 6″ metric wheels, which I am assuming are what is commonly run on many of the Superkarts?

Ian Harrison
    Participant

Alan,

Not sure what dimensions you are wanting metric??

Superkart tyres are sized in imperial units i.e. 5.00″ wide x 6″ dia, 5.50″ wide x 6.00″ dia, 8.00″ wide x 6″ dia, 8.10″ wide x 6.00″ dia. etc, etc.

Wheel widths will be referred to in either inches or mm (approximations) depending on which part of the world you come from i.e. 8″ wide = 200mm, 5″ wide = 120mm etc.

The main manufacturer of Superkart wheels is Ross Edwards in Australia. I believe that they are imported into the US by Burris????

Best Regards

Ian :-)

Alan Sheidler
    Participant

I should have been a bit more specific: The Metric part refers to the bolt pattern for attachment to the hubs.  In the States, there is still a huge portion of the sport, fairly collected in the circle-track segment, which uses inch fractions measurements.  The wheels for each (Euro = Metric, American = Inch) are sport segment specific, although crossover is always possible.

So, what I want to know is:  Where can I go most easily (website with online ordering?) to obtain 6″ Metric bolt-pattern kart racing wheels?

Thanks for the reply Ian.

Gerry MCN
    Participant

John Benson
    Participant

Burris racing

Alan Sheidler
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.