Home Forums TaG Mega RO1 Tag

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Richard Stokes 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Richard Stokes
    Participant

This is a copy of the email I sent to Mega RO1 tech support people today 2/25/14. It says all that needs to be said about the experience of owning a Mega RO1:

I have a Mega RO1 that I purchased from engines4racing last Dec.

Nothing has been good about this purchase from the get go. There are no gears available in this country for running on road course tracks of greater than 1 mile. I had to hunt and find the axle gears in England.There are no motor gears available any place that I can find. And the gears that come with it are not useful on road tracks.

I ran this motor for three laps and the clutch MELTED. That was mid January. I shipped the motor back to Brad as I was told that new after market clutch was available. A week later I was told that it was being shipped from the factory that day.

The next week; I was told that it was being shipped from the factory that day.

Today I was told that it was being shipped from the factory today. I was also told that the reason it was not shipped before was that the guy that ships stuff for your company was too busy racing to ship the parts. Are you in the race business or the motor selling business?

I will never recommend this motor to any of my fellow racers.

Sadly I was ready to promote this motor to other racers. The first time out with it everyone wanted to know about it. Then when the clutch melted; not so much. But I told them that your company had fixed the issue and a new clutch was on its way. Next race they all came over to look at it. I had my Honda and they asked why. Not parts was my answer. Next race; same thing. Now everyone thinks I was ripped of and they have no interest in this motor. I belong to three major race organizations, with 100s of kart drivers. We were getting ready to form a Mega group to race. Not going to happen now.

Unfortunately I will have my Honda for the race on the 8th as I have no faith that my clutch is being shipped today. I have races on the 15th and the 22nd in CA as well. I know the jokes and the ribbing that I will have to take for buying this motor.

If your company is as unprepared as it seems to be able to furnish parts and support for USA road racing in a timely manor ; it should not be advertising here.

Rich Stokes

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.