Home Forums Shifter Karts MAXTER or TM .. Which KZ to choose?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Keith Bridgeman 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Derek Lodato
    Participant

Interested to hear your opinions on both of these power plants. Which do you prefer and why?

Thanks,

Derek

Britt Robinson
    Participant

Have you ever looked at SGM? They seem to be gaining a strong foothold here in the NW. (Just an observation. I race a Honda.)

http://xccelracing.net/products/sgm-engines/

james kent
    Participant

This is a good question. Actual owners chime in on differences in maxter vs tm characteristics ?

Dennis Chappell
    Participant

James

I think when it gets right down to it like everyone always says it depends on support. We have one and owned both TM and Maxter. Who you buy from and parts are a big part. Can you get parts at a reasonable time and if you use a engine builder is he available when you need him.

Who ever has one or the other will say that one is the best.

Both were good motors with good and similar power. Pick one that you can get support for in your area and go have fun.

Dennis

Keith Bridgeman
    Participant

Your on the right track with both as Dennis said.  I’ve also owned both.   Parts can be had pretty easy for each and all models.   For the TM you need to choose from the oldest,  K9, K9b, K9C, Kz10, KZ10b.    Maxter MXO and MXV.   For Maxter one year they had a vertical read cage which wasn’t to popular.     I suppose a Vortex would be on the list also.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.