Home Forums Chassis & Handling Massive front end grip

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Roth 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brock Weiss
    Participant

can anyone tell me what you can do to take away front end grip? My kart has massive front grip and I am not sure how to take grip out of the front end

Gary Lawson
    Participant

Man up and drive it if it’s at the factory recommended setting. Lol. I’m just joking but it’s probsbly what would actually be best. I would think you need to get used to driving the kart as is. IDid it truly is excessive then less caster and/or softer front bar will help. I/we surely don’t mind answering your questions but if I just bought a new kart I would be talking to the people that sold it to me.

Brock Weiss
    Participant

Thanks I will let my son know just to drive it and deal with it. Just gonna cost me a lot in tires

The closer you have the front hubs together on your spindle the more front grip you have, the further you space them apart from each other the less grip the front end has, Try adjusting the front hubs, I had the same problem on my gp kart

Jarrett Lile
    Participant

If he needs a big change try lowering the front end ride height by raising the spindles a spacer or two.

Jimmy McNeil
    Participant

Not sure what chassis your on so your results may vary.

Take out caster (move top of king pin forward), narrow front end will reduce oversteer on entry but may increase oversteer on exit. Lower front ride height, stiffer axle, softer or remove front bar, tighten rear bumper, if it’s extreme, I would move the seat back.

Hope this helps.

TJ Koyen

The closer you have the front hubs together on your spindle the more front grip you have, the further you space them apart from each other the less grip the front end has, Try adjusting the front hubs, I had the same problem on my gp kart

Just wanted to note that this is incorrect. A wider front track width will give you MORE front grip. A narrower front track width with give you LESS front grip.

Brock, you already know my reply.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Patrick Roth
    Participant

Brock,

How much experience does your son have driving it? What are the indicators that there is too much front grip and at what point in the corner?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication