Home Forums Tech Talk Loosing fuel out of carb on YZ125 Shifter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Donnie Leonard 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Todd Brown
    Participant

Does anyone have an idea why my carb is pissing fuel out of the rear brass float bowl nipple? The engine is a 2000 YZ125, running a TM 38MM carb, 390 Main jet. Thanks!!

Donnie Leonard
    Participant

Its probably because your pumping more fuel into the carb then it can handle and thus the reason for it “pissing out”.  This can be fixed by doing the pump around mod or you can bleed off some feed pressure by adding a T fitting in the the feed line and then plumb that feed line back into the return line.  The easiest method would be to add a T fitting and bleed off some pressure, it will be the cheapest and fastest and it might work but results may very on it.

Todd Brown
    Participant

Ok, so as a NOOB, ok, feed line is before fuel pump, coming from the gas tank? Add a T between fuel pump and carb, and run it to return line??? What is the return line running from and too??? Thanks

Donnie Leonard
    Participant

Depending on the pump you have it can be different.  I have the round Dellotro fuel pump and it has has one inlet and to outlets and a pulse hook up.  I plumb both outlets into one line and then add a T fitting into the single line before the carb.  One line goes to the carb and the other I send back to the tank as a return to bleed off some pressure from the pump so the bowl is not over filled.  I also have a breather line coming off the carb that I run to a catch can in case the bowl is over filled.  This works for my engine setup, it may not work for yours but its easy to try and cheap to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication