Home Forums 250 Superkarts Looking for a Front CR250 Motor Mount for '06 Anderson Maverick

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Jauregui 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Does anyone have a front CR250 motor mount sitting around for an Anderson Maverick? One side of mine broke and I thought I’d check before having another one made.

Thanks,

Mark

Tony
    Participant

Hi Mark – can you take a photo of your existing mount and post it – that will enable me to check and see if I have one floating around.

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Hi Tony,

I’ve tried to post some pictures, but apparently I need a publicly viewable site to post them so the URL can be referenced. I thought this had changed with the new forum. I don’t have a public site for posting pictures. If you don’t mind PMing me your email I can forward the pictures to you.

Thanks,

Mark

Dan Davis
    Participant

There is a pic of both Case Induction (taller) front mount, and cylinder induction (shorter) mount here…

http://eknclassic.com/viewtopic.php?t=66607&start=390

A little past half way down.

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Thanks Dan. I have case induction motors, so I’ll need the taller one. It looks like someone modified the shorter  version to work which may explain why it broke.

Dan Davis
    Participant

I’m thinking that most things mounted to the smooth running CR250 take a beating to the point of failure over time. ;-)  Still the best option for competitive 250 superkart racing with more than 2 entries IMO.  My current mount (about 10 years old) all but came off of the chassis in pieces.  That’s not too bad of a life cycle considering the abuse.

I personally like the shorter mount better to keep the engine lower in the chassis….but the carb angle pretty steep in that position.  I’ll be trying the lower with my case ind. project using a floatless pump around arrangement first….if that proves to be unsuccessful then I’ll raise the engine and use my Dellorto.

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Dan – I have a pump-around setup and was experiencing the engine cutting out in corners all last year. After trying several solutions, someone suggested it may be that my motor/carb angle may be too steep. I am going to try pulling the pump-around system this year.

As I don’t want to cut my sidpod for motor clearance, is it possible to fit the case-induction CR/pipe under the sidepod with the longer case-induction mount?

Dan Davis
    Participant

Mark,

I have yet to  fit the case induction mount  or engine to my kart but I suspect it can be made to fit beneath the pod.  I have only used the pump around arrangement on my cylinder reed engines with no issue.  I plan on buying both the taller mount and the shorter mount to experiment with.  The taller mount appears to be about an inch or so taller so I should be able to compare carb angles and exhaust clearances. Maybe Ian will chime in in the mean time.

What pipe are you running?  I am using an older Anderson/Viper 2 piece pipe that can rotate around the header and at the center of the 180 deg bend So it should be able to be adjusted to adapt to the engine height change.

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Ian indicates that the taller mount will allow the Viper pipe to fit under the sidepod. He is sending me over the new mount so I should be good assuming everything arrives in time for NCK’s season opener on March 28th.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Ian Harrison
    Participant

Hi Guys

You can’t see the longer mount, but it is in there. It is tight, but you have about 3-5mm clearance when the exhaust is fitted properly.

Naked!!

With pod fitted

Best Regards

Ian :-)

Mark Jauregui
    Participant

Thanks Ian.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.