Home Forums General Karting Discussion Lightest Bodywork

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Fletch Wulff 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fletch Wulff
    Participant

Hello,

Does anyone happen to know what the lightest weight CIK legal body is?

Thanks

Fletcher

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Fletch

I think The OTK stuff is probably the lightest.

I can’t prove it at the moment, but out of all the karts we’ve had, I think Tony Karts, FA karts and Kosmics are the ones I have felt on my hand being the lightest.

I noticed many other kart manufacturers are using this style, such Comp kart, Ricciardo, etc.

Hope this helps. FastFreddy.

Stu Hayner
    Participant

I’ve got most every piece of bodywork known to karting, and there have been some very light and flimsy plastic as well as some pretty beefy pieces in past years, but most of the newer karts have pretty lightweight plastic.

KarTechna, Birel (Riccardio) and TonyKart (FA/Kosmic) bodywork is probably the lightest (in that order), but CRG, Praga, TopKart, ItalKart (& more) are very, very close, I think it’s more about looks and durability than anything else at this point, unless you’re looking for a few ounces.

Post the brand of bodywork you currently have and what you’re looking at, and I’ll weigh them both.

Fletch Wulff
    Participant

Thanks for the input! I’ve got the CRG body now, looking at going to the KG Fp7 or the OTK body.

Thanks

Fletcher

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication