Home Forums Autocross / Solo 2 Let's talk Solo Nats in Lincoln

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Wendel 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mark sawatsky
    Participant

Specifically, how do you find that your set up for the test course relates to the real courses? If your kart is perfect on the test course, is it perfect on the big courses? How do you change your set up from where you typically race?

Scott Boito
    Participant

Setup for the practice course is pretty good for the main courses.  Depends on the elements of the practice course, but usually the practice course is excellent for getting ready for the Pro, at least.  Nationals courses are longer and faster, so you may need to adjust tracks.  But I’m a hack so ask around in Lincoln.

mark sawatsky
    Participant

They have had the same practice course for the last few years so I expect that drivers would have good data on how it compares

Daniel Wendel
    Participant

I have always felt that you can get a decent base setup at the practice course, but depending on what day of the week it is the amount of OPR and rubber on the practice course can be very different. Also since the practice course is normally the same every year the concrete is worn were the line is and has a slightly different grip level over the main courses.
    Keep in mind that Thursday and Friday the temperatures are foretasted to be in the mid to upper 70s so tire temps and surface temps may be a factor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication