Home Forums TaG Leopard MY09 vibration plate

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rick Zimbelman 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rick Zimbelman
    Participant

I recently purchased a barely used MY-09 Leopard. It did not come with a vibration plate. My older Leopards had them. The OM shows it. I have one from an older motor I can install if the bolt pattern is the same. The question really is are they supposed to be on this motor? You have to wonder why IAME would go to the trouble and expense of having this as part of the package if there wasn’t a good reason. I know Leopards vibrate a lot. I’m sort of used to it.

Rick Zimbelman

Jim Derrig
    Participant

The MY09 is no different than the earlier motor insofar as a vibration plate is concerned.  Your old one should fit fine.

Rick Zimbelman
    Participant

I asked Jim Russell Jr. about this and he said that although it doesn’t hurt and can be run either way the testing they did showed it’s not really needed on the My-09. He said it does help on the earlier versions. For me that’s 2.5 lbs of weight off the kart or 4 cheeseburgers. I’ll go with that.

Rick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication