Home Forums TaG Leopard gearing?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Drew Grenzner 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Drew Grenzner

Hey everyone. I’m pretty new; got an older leopard engine and when I put it on my kart yesterday I realized that the rear sprocket I have is a different chain pitch than the front gear. Then I saw the front gear is worn pretty well so I figure a chain and sprocket set is in order.

I plan to run here in Washington, probably more auto-X and shorter courses. What would be a good setup for front and rear? And what would be good for more top end as well? And lastly where can I get one for a good price? I usually order from comet.

Jim Derrig

Drew, it varies with skill and weight, but a 10/83 will work at PSGKA, Richland, SIMA and PGP (if they ever let 2-strokes back).  You might wind up running up one or down one or two in the long run, but this is a good start point.

As fate would have it,  I have an extra used Leopard 10-tooth clutch drum and sprocket and an extra 83-tooth axle sprocket left over from when I used to run a Leopard.  I’m in Seattle.  PM me if you want to discuss a purchase.

For new parts, Italian Motors (located in Sumas, WA) is your source for all things and knowledge that is Leopard.  http://www.italianmotorsusa.com.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Jim Derrig.

Drew Grenzner

Thank you Jim! I’ll shoot you a pm.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication