Home Forums Tech Talk Leopard clutch warranty

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Greg Wright 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

RICK RAYMOND
    Participant

I had read a thread somewhere that mentioned that original iame leopard clutch is under warranty if defective.  Im sure I am out of luck because I dont have a receipt but it had been replaced when the motor was rebuilt.  I have had it part I can tell theres not many hours on the motor and the clutch is like new except where the metal broke.  pictures here. IMG_1859.JPGIMG_1860.JPG

http://www.brandnewideas.com/Megan/

Thanks for any input

Rick

John Matthews
    Participant

Looks like racing to me….

Personally I’m amazed that Rotax offers a warranty on their motors, I haven’t heard of an IAME clutch warranty but if you can get it that would be nice. You should also buy a spare since you’re planning on spinning that thing at 15k.

I’ve seen ‘em break like this before, don’t believe it’s really a defect, just in the nature of how the part works. Be happy you’re not maintaining a disk clutch, or one of the old BURCO style units we had back in the day ;)

Cheers,

Nick Bagley
    Participant

I don’t know of any warranty and what happened to your clutch is very common. I wouldn’t count on getting it or anything on a Leopard replaced for free, they wouldn’t be in business for very long if that happened!

Juan David Gomez
    Participant

Sent it to Russell Karting. They are the importers and they’ll take care of the Warranty.

Greg Wright
    Participant

I wouldn’t hold my breath on a warranty.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.