Home Forums Tech Talk Leopard clutch warranty

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Greg Wright 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I had read a thread somewhere that mentioned that original iame leopard clutch is under warranty if defective.  Im sure I am out of luck because I dont have a receipt but it had been replaced when the motor was rebuilt.  I have had it part I can tell theres not many hours on the motor and the clutch is like new except where the metal broke.  pictures here. IMG_1859.JPGIMG_1860.JPG

Thanks for any input

John Matthews

Looks like racing to me….

Personally I’m amazed that Rotax offers a warranty on their motors, I haven’t heard of an IAME clutch warranty but if you can get it that would be nice. You should also buy a spare since you’re planning on spinning that thing at 15k.

I’ve seen ’em break like this before, don’t believe it’s really a defect, just in the nature of how the part works. Be happy you’re not maintaining a disk clutch, or one of the old BURCO style units we had back in the day 😉

Nick Bagley

I don’t know of any warranty and what happened to your clutch is very common. I wouldn’t count on getting it or anything on a Leopard replaced for free, they wouldn’t be in business for very long if that happened!

Juan David Gomez

Sent it to Russell Karting. They are the importers and they’ll take care of the Warranty.

Greg Wright

I wouldn’t hold my breath on a warranty.

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.