Home Forums TaG Leopard battery

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bob Wimmer 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Joe Brittin
    Participant

Looking for a better battery for the MY09 Leopard. Bought a new FIAMM 12FGH36 and it does not seem strong enough as it barely turns over the engine. A heavy battery is fine as we add a lot of weight.

tony zambos
    Participant

Joe,

Think your issure is that battery was designed for a UPS, not as a power soure are a starter. I tried batteries from a battery store, not good results.  The price is great.  Able to start your engine, questionable.  Wasn’t designed to be rattled around in a kart. Very short life cycle.  Comet lists an orginal replacement battery.  It will only be heavier on your wallet.  But it will turn over you engine and it will last.

Eric Stevens
    Participant

I think you have a bad battery or a poor connection somewhere in the system. I have a 7 amp hour version and it works just fine on my leopard even after months inbetween sessions as long as I disconnect the battery during storage.

Bob Wimmer
    Participant

I have had good luck with ups batteries when the Leopard charging system is maintaining 13+V.  If it drops below 12.5v  battery life suffers. Double check charging voltage before replacing. <span style=”color: #333333;”><span style=”background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);”>
    </span></span>

Good luck

Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.