Home Forums General Karting Discussion Legal pipe for KT100 class. Is it the same for everyone?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sebastian Sarmiento 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Legal pipe for racing KT100’s.  Who decides which pipe you must use on your KT. I’m planning to race in Bakersfield and Dixon as well.

So, what I would like to know is if there’s a pipe that is the “legal class pipe” that I can use in both places. (RLV L2?)

Thank you for your help

I wish you twice as much of whatever you wish for me. : )

Sebastian Bacon
    Participant

Bakersfield and Dixon run what is called the Senior Super Sportsman class. This class utilizes an RLV3 pipe. This is a different pipe than the L2 pipe (or any other A/L/G series pipe). It is a smaller pipe than the L2, making it potentially easier on clutches and engines. Both or either club may allow the use of an HPV3 pipe, which can be found used for less money than a new RLV3 pipe. The HPV3 and RLV3 pipe are very similar.

http://cambriangokarts.com/store/product/10086/Yamaha-SR-3-Spec-Pipe-RLV-3/

Lawrence Doty
    Participant

Santa maria uses the RLV3 pipe also. smka.org. fastech-racing sells the kit for just under $200

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

thank you guys,

I appreciate your help very much. I went ahead and bought the kit from fastech.

Thanks again.

Bryan Williams
    Participant

I race at Bakersfield Kart Raceway and that’s  negative on the hpv pipe. Going to need a RLV. also we will be doing more can races this year

Sebastian Sarmiento
    Participant

Thank you Brian, I ordered a new RLV L3 kit from Fastech. I may see you at Bakersfield. Are you a Senior sportsmen?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication