Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing KT 100 clutch id and advice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Sinon 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lou Pirro
    Participant

I recently bought a ptk cart that I plan to autocross (solo) with the Mohawk-Hudson SCCA. The kart came with a kt 100 4 hole can motor with a 3rd bearing support. The clutch needs to be rebuilt or replaced.  I need to identify brand and model, if I rebuild or if old technology replace with more up to date clutch. If I replace I would like to  be able to use the 3rd bearing support that came with the cart. Would like input as I am pretty new to this. I have included a link to pictures of what i have.

View post on imgur.com

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  Lou Pirro.

Lou Pirro
    Participant

second image

View post on imgur.com

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

looks like a Horstman HDC-5, may be a 2 disk clutch?

You can find all parts for it here.

But if you’re gonna run autocross, you may wanna consider something more durable, like a 3 to 4 disk wet clutch. I dont know how much you weigh, but if you’re over 225 lbs, I highly recommend to stay away from your current clutch, you will burn it at no time.

http://www.tsracing.com/store/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&User_ID=4435659&st=7994&st2=65558463&st3=-74821704&CATID=10&ObjectGroup_ID=234

Lou Pirro
    Participant

The clutch is a single disk, really can’t tell from picture. There is a large nut that holds the clutch together.looking at exploded views hdc-5 uses cap screws. maybe an hdc-4?

I am 230# was also thinking a 3 or 4 disk clutch.

Greg Wright
    Participant

HDC-4

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.

"When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Jay Sinon
    Participant

Defiantly not a HDC5 because as everyone said a 5 doesn’t use the big nut. I say HDC 3 OR 4  but according to the picture it is junk so I would through it away and get a newer Horstman HDC5 2 or 3 disk depending on your weight. The reason I say it is junk is the front plate appears to be broken right at a weight attachment point and it would be hard to find parts as they haven’t made that style clutch in some time.

Good luck!

TaG Sr.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication