--> KT 100 clutch id and advice – ekartingnews

Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing KT 100 clutch id and advice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Sinon 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Lou Pirro
    Participant

I recently bought a ptk cart that I plan to autocross (solo) with the Mohawk-Hudson SCCA. The kart came with a kt 100 4 hole can motor with a 3rd bearing support. The clutch needs to be rebuilt or replaced.  I need to identify brand and model, if I rebuild or if old technology replace with more up to date clutch. If I replace I would like to  be able to use the 3rd bearing support that came with the cart. Would like input as I am pretty new to this. I have included a link to pictures of what i have.

View post on imgur.com

Lou Pirro
    Participant

second image

View post on imgur.com

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

looks like a Horstman HDC-5, may be a 2 disk clutch?

You can find all parts for it here.

But if you’re gonna run autocross, you may wanna consider something more durable, like a 3 to 4 disk wet clutch. I dont know how much you weigh, but if you’re over 225 lbs, I highly recommend to stay away from your current clutch, you will burn it at no time.

http://www.tsracing.com/store/showprod.cfm?&DID=7&User_ID=4435659&st=7994&st2=65558463&st3=-74821704&CATID=10&ObjectGroup_ID=234

Lou Pirro
    Participant

The clutch is a single disk, really can’t tell from picture. There is a large nut that holds the clutch together.looking at exploded views hdc-5 uses cap screws. maybe an hdc-4?

I am 230# was also thinking a 3 or 4 disk clutch.

Greg Wright
    Participant

HDC-4

Greg Wright
    Rapid Racing Inc.
    Vintage B-Stock Pilot
    "When in doubt Gas it, It won't help but it ends the suspense."

Jay Sinon
    Participant

Defiantly not a HDC5 because as everyone said a 5 doesn’t use the big nut. I say HDC 3 OR 4  but according to the picture it is junk so I would through it away and get a newer Horstman HDC5 2 or 3 disk depending on your weight. The reason I say it is junk is the front plate appears to be broken right at a weight attachment point and it would be hard to find parts as they haven’t made that style clutch in some time.

Good luck!

TaG Sr.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ekartingnews