Home Forums Tech Talk Kid Kart Heim front end

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Brown 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Dan Brown
    Participant

I bought a kid kart for my 5 year old son to race this season. Appears to be a typical DAP Kid Kart, red frame, 50cc Comer,etc but this kart has a fully adjustable heim front end similar to what the dirt karts use. I have searched the web but can’t find a single kid kart with a heim front end, and can’t find any identifying numbers or name on the chassis at all. Seller thought it was a Coyote, and he lived close to the Coyote company in Rochester, so I will give them a call on Monday. Any body seen anything like this before? I can take some pics if needed.

Dan

Gary Lawson
    Participant

Send me some pics. I’ve seen a couple and may be able to tell you what it is. It’s not a coyote for sure.

garylawson25@yahoo.com

Dan Brown
      Participant

I will take a couple after the NASCAR race is over and send them to you Gary. Thanks.

Dan

Dan Brown
    Participant

http://s950.photobucket.com/user/hotshothauling/library/El%20Diablo%20Racing?sort=3&page=1

Pics here of the kid kart. The yellow bodied and red bodied kid kart are the same, I just installed a new red body last weekend. You can clearly see the heim joints on the front end in the pics. I believe this was built this way and not an aftermarket add-on kit, as the welds and paint on the frame all look original. Any ideas?

Dan

Gary Lawson
    Participant

It was definitely built that way and not modified. I don’t recognize the kart but by the looks of it I would say it is more than 6 years old and that it likely was built by an oval kart manufacturer. 99% of karts with heim front ends are oval karts

Dan Brown
    Participant

Thanks Gary. I agree its probably more than 6 years old. Most oval karts do have the heim front end, but most¬† are an offset chassis though so it did seem a little odd to me that it was built this way new. I searched but couldn’t find a straight rail kid kart built for ovals. Guess it really doesn’t matter though, I will set it up for sprint racing and turn him loose on it when the snow melts. Thanks for your help.

Dan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.