Home Forums 250 Superkarts Kelgate shifter

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Reinhardt 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gerry MCN
    Participant

Would like to get some feedback on the Kelgate  paddle style shifter and do they work good ? also any pics of the bracket and attachment to a CR250 would be of help

Ian Harrison
    Participant

Hi Gerry

Was a bit of a fad for a short while. Cable and fulcrums. Just pointless to be honest.

Best Regards

Ian :-)

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

I use a cable on the Cobalt, no paddle though.  Lever is always in the same spot no matter what gear, there’s just a small lever on the shift shaft, no need for the bracing that’s used on the J arm.  Much smaller movements needed for shifts…

The cables I have built have teflon lining also, smooth as silk…..

CR

Dean Martin
    Participant

Chris, post some photos of that cable set up please.

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

This is what I have handy for the shifter, the column end of it.  I built a one off for the lower mount to simplify it, I don’t have a production version yet..

Dean Martin
    Participant

Probably due to this $hit new format of Ekartingnews but cant see the photo………..

John Benson
    Participant

Chris I was wondering why if you went the cable route why not do the whole butterfly setup?

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

I guess it wouldn’t be too difficult, but I steer with my left hand, and it doesn’t bother me to shift with the right.  Look at my video, you can barely see my hand move on the shifter….

Dean, I can see it fine, but here’s a link to the webpage

http://cr2motorsports.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=185573707

CR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.