Home Forums Road Racing KART/MARRS @ Lake Afton April 23/24

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Kelly Read 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Kelly Read
    Participant

M.K.A. would like to invite all road racers to the first event of the 2016 KART/RUSSELL KARTING SPECIALTIES/MARRS season opener April 23/24 at the historical lake Afton Park road course located just west of Wichita Ks.. Entry form and event schedule is posted on the KART web (www.kart.org).

Questions, contact myself at either 316-218-3645 or Kelly.read@westarenergy.com.

THE MAN

Kelly Read

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Kelly Read.

Kelly Read
    Participant

FYI,

On the schedule posted on the KART web site, I will be moving the SPRINT YAMAHA CIK I class that’s in race 4 and put it in race 1 on Saturday to accommodate a few racers. This class will get the checkered at the 30 minute mark.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

I hear the Boy Scouts will have the concession stand for us during the days, and are fixin’ chicken fajitas Saturday night.  Can’t wait. I think I will make a pitcher of margaritas to drink before we go up there.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Linda Baldus.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Linda,

Make that 2 pitchers!!!  I’m thinkn myself and Donna will need a few!!!! LOL

OK RACERS, if ur not ready to load yet, GET THERE!!!!  3 days before move in time. Hope to see all of our regulars and any new racers that can attend. Going to be a GREAT weekend of racing!!!!!!!!!

THE MAN

Kelly Read
    Participant

Thanks to all the racers and families who were able to make it this past weekend. Seeing new people get into the sport was awesome. Seeing the Reverly family after making the 12 hour drive was also special especially to the READ family. We had a good event with great weather other than the good old Kansas wind. Everyone who we spoke to had a great time. THANK YOU ALL from the READ family!!!!

Since everyone was pleased with the way SHOWTIME handled the flagging, maybe he just needs to do it again in September and let THE MAN get behind the wheel!!!!!!!

Hope to see you all back September 10/11 for our fall race.

THE MAN

Kelly Read
    Participant

I’m not smart enough (NO COMMENTS) to put a link here but, Lindsay has over 700 pictures she took during the weekend on her facebook page.

Jerry Revely
    Participant

As always, we really enjoy running with your group. Thanks for having us. The hospitality always makes that long haul a little easier.

I will work on attending another event soon.

Ben
    Participant

Kelly, don’t take this the wrong way because I’m only just smart enough to post on this site.  I can’t find Lindsay on Face Book to view the pictures.  Maybe she could post a link?  Or not, if it’s a security issue.

Ben Hooper

Kelly Read
    Participant

Ben, I text Lindsay to see if she could put a link on here.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Ben,

Here is the link to view the pictures I took over the Lake Afton weekend. Feel free to save any of them you want to.

http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/Lindsay_Read16/library/Lake%20Afton%20Race

Lindsay Read  (On Kelly’s account!)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication