Home Forums General Karting Discussion Kart Weight

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tony zambos 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Oliver Kell
    Participant

Sorry for the noobish question, but it’s been almost a decade since I have actually been racing.

I’m wondering what a typical Rotax package weighs in at given the current generation of karts, full bumpers, standardized (again) bodywork and larger spindles to name a few differences.

I know a full tank of fuel is worth about 8lbs over a minimum amount to get tbrough the race safely.

If it makes any difference I’d probably be on a 32/32 crg road rebel. Any help or4 suggestions would be appreciated.

Also what does a typical dd2 weight in at

Thanks

Oliver

tony zambos
    Participant

A close guess on a senior Rotax would be around 200 lbs with a little fuel.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Rob Kozakowski
    Participant

About 200lbs would be a good ballpark figure.

Just an fyi, a Road Rebel (32) might be a bit much for the Rotax and Mojo’s, unless you’re carrying a lot of weight.

Even the Masters guys tend to run the KT1 (30) or Blackstar (30/32), if they’re on CRG.  I personally weigh between 190-200 at racing weight, and run a 30mm Italkart Rapido V.  The only 32mm karts I tend to see in Rotax are the OTK karts in Masters at the heavier weights.

Oliver Kell
    Participant

I already have the chassis, and have had it for quite a while.

…so if I’m doing the math correctly, I would need to get down to about 170lbs to be competitive. I really don’t want to run weight, but I also don’t want my fat backside to hold me back!

tony zambos
    Participant

Would guess that weight would hurt you more if you’re sprint opposed to road racing.  We run seniors with masters in our road race series.  Standing starts hurt the masters’ guys, but once they’re away, and it could be to their skills, they can the run competive times against the seniors.

LAD Specialties / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication