Home Forums General Karting Discussion KART TIRES LECONT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TJ Koyen 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Richard Kirlin
    Participant

has anyone tested these yet, how are they compared to mg yellow?

Race season is only few months away and I need to know if they hold up better than mg yellows or close to it.

ordering about 40 sets and don’t want to make a huge mistake if they no good for road racing?

Craig Drabik
    Participant

I have not yet run them, but some fellow F-Series racers have.  We’ll be switching to them this year in the F-Series.  From what I’ve heard they are much more durable than the MGs and about the same lap time.

F-Series kicks off in Mooresville next weekend.  If the rain holds off I’ll have some first-hand experience with them then.

TJ Koyen

Depends on which compound they are using. I tested the Le Conts last year against MGs. Much more durable, but about 1.5 second a lap slower at MRP.

Very consistent though. From new to used, they dropped off about a tenth. Couldn’t get them to overheat when we kept the pressures within the manufacturers recommendations.

For a sprint race, I would say they were too hard for a TaG kart, but not sure on road racing. They were really good for a Yamaha sprint kart.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication