Home Forums General Karting Discussion kart protection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dacey spinuzzi 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The garage needs cleared out before summer spring time. I’ve been thinking of storing my karts at the local track, or at a racing buddies car shop. I was wondering is there insurance for karts?? After hearing some of the stories of stolen karts I’m kinda skeptical

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Yes there is.  It’s a bit much to go into here, but what it amounts to is it’s coverage for everywhere BUT on the track.  I believe it’s generally referred to as “Off track and storage”.

Check with Michael Davis Insurance.  He handles insurance for WKA and such.  440-338-7007  If you’re a WKA member you get a substantial discount.  It covers everything from your trailer and karts down to your tire gauge!!  You take an inventory, calculate a reasonable replacement value and Michael can give you a quote.

Most of us would be shocked at how much we have tied up in kart stuff.  And if the whole mess is stolen or burns to the ground, it would be a huge set back.

Worth looking into,

Clark Sr.

Thanks Clark your exactly right. Seeing all these receipts and invoices,  totals about what a very nice used car is worth!  Thanks for the advice I’ll have to give Michael a ring today. Much appreciated Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication