June 12, 2014 at 8:11 am #28825
Wanted to let you all know the Valentino’s pizza and beverages are on for Saturday evening, July 12th @ MPH. Pizza furnished by Baldus Racing, beverages by MARRS. Plan on it.
Also, in case you haven’t seen on kart.org, there will be NO CONCESSIONS available during the day at the track so plan accordingly.June 12, 2014 at 11:04 am #28845
Looking forward to MPH !!!
1) The event schedule and entry form can be found on the KART web home page (www.kart.org).
2) I had some racers earlier in the year from MI ask about having a G125 shifter class (35+, 420#) at MPH. We didn’t put it on the schedule but, if any of these do show, we will put them in race 4 on Saturday & race 9 on Sunday as of now.
3) If any Sprint tag 60cc Jr.s want to race, that class will be in race 3 on Saturday and race 8 on Sunday.
Now that Jackie has bought his own kart, I might be able to drive one of my own 2 karts instead of Shannon’s at MPH!! Doubt if Torey will have his new kart done in time so he will have my Margay.
Between putting all new bodywork on Lindsay’s (thanks to Shannon for stepping up since Jim is out of town), making modifications to her old kart for Brad to put his P.P. on so he doesn’t have to change motors between the Open & P.P. races, setting his kart up with the reed jet, fixing my kart from Jackie hurting it (pulled bolts out of exhaust) kind of busy around MT POCKETS RACING right now. Then I get to work on Jim’s!!!
LET’S GO RACING!!!!!June 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm #29176
If you haven’t already made hotel reservations, better get on it!!!!
They must be having some big softball tournament this same weekend because several hotels are booked, especially dbl bed rooms. Super 8 & Holiday inn express was down to kings only.June 27, 2014 at 10:46 am #29480
All 7 MT POCKETS machines done and ready to load!!!!!!!!!
I’m hearing that there are some other racers around the country planning on coming to MPH!! Come one come all, you will enjoy racing with this fine group!!! MARRS enjoys other racers coming to their events like some of our MARRS racers enjoy going to other organizations events. Some are coming to see how they fair against the MARRS racers to prepare for HPT in October. BRING IT ON!!!!July 3, 2014 at 8:58 am #29750
3 days and counting before LOAD day !!!!!!!
We should be there by 4:00 – 5:00 the latest (Hoping earlier). A few things to know before you unhook:
1) We have workers and sponsors who have reserved pit spots. These are against the guardrail behind the hot pit lane. 1) Baldus racing will be on the East side of the gate where we go onto the hot pit lane, 2) Larson racing will be on the West side of the gate. The gate they will be at is the one about 1/2 way down the front pit area. 3) MT POCKETS will be down by the registration/scoring tower just on the East side of the tower.(2 – 24′, 1- 8′ trailers).
2) If you don’t have some wood to put under your trailer jack AND awning legs, be sure to pick some up at the trailer as you first pull into the pit area where you sign in for passes. MUST HAVE SOMETHING UNDERNEATH!!!!July 7, 2014 at 12:51 pm #29899
Trailers (2) are loaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE SURE TO BRING PLENTY OF LIQUIDS (not alcohol) for during the day. Pretty sure it will be hot!!!
Someone needs something or get ‘s lost, I will have my phone with me (316-218-3645).July 9, 2014 at 11:40 am #29994
2 days until time to pull out of town!!!!!!
NEWS to report:
Good – Jim who WAS going to be the race director got called to St Louis for work and has to be there Friday so he won’t be at Hastings.
Bad – THE MAN will be the race director AND tech man!!! EVERYONE except MT POCKETS better behave!!!! I expect 2 wins in the ANIMAL classes. LOL
EVERYONE have a safe trip.
THE MANJuly 10, 2014 at 10:51 am #30060
I just talked to the track owner at MPH and there will be a concession stand. There was some miss communication. They offer a buffet which they charge a certain amount up front in which we felt we wouldn’t have enough of our racers interested. The regular concession stand will be open during our lunch time both Sat & Sun.
Electrical power: There is electrical on both the front row and the far back row if you are interested. $60.00 for the weekend. George will have them all on come Friday and will come by to collect during the weekend or you can pay Mike up in the control tower.
I and Lindsay should be there by 3 as we are pulling out of Wichita at 9:00am.
See you all there
THE MANJuly 14, 2014 at 8:07 am #30223
As the race director for this event, THANK ALL YOU who attended and supported this event. THANKS to Maysha, Roger, MT Pockets and the MPH staff for their support. Having a good crew behind the race director is greatly appreciated!!!!!
It was warm but not HOT!!! SUPER racing once again!!!
BIG THANKS to BALDUS RACING and MARRS for the meal and beverages on Saturday nite.
And to George (owner of MPH) and Michael (track official), THANKS for the BUS ride Saturday nite. WOW did we ever have fun, I know I did I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE MANJuly 14, 2014 at 8:14 am #30229
Another ’14 KART MARRS’ event is history. Thanks to all of the MT Pockets’ folks that worked on it and Maysha and daughters, Roger, and anyone that I may have forgotten. We all know and appreciate that it wouldn’t happen without you guys.
And thanks to George and Michael for the great Bacardi Bus ride. It was a blast. The really good thing may be that Kelly hollered so much that he couldn’t talk the next day.July 15, 2014 at 7:01 am #30305
IT WAS THE PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
EKN Editorial Search
EKN Editorial Directory
- EKN CANADA
- Briggs Racing
- Can-Am Karting Challenge
- Challenge Of The Americas
- Florida Winter Tour
- International Kart Federation
- Los Angeles Karting Championship
- Rock Island Grand Prix
- Rok Cup USA
- Route 66 Sprint Series
- Superkarts! USA
- Texas ProKart Challenge
- United States Pro Kart Series
- United States Rotax Max Challenge
- World Karting Association