--> KART/MARRS Lake Garnett – April 14th & 15th – ekartingnews

Home Forums Road Racing KART/MARRS Lake Garnett – April 14th & 15th

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan Norman 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Bryan Norman
    Participant

Hard to believe we are a month away from starting the 2018 Kart Schedule!

Garnett Enduro Club would like to invite all road racers to the first race of the 2018 KART/MARRS schedule April 14th & 15th at historical lake Garnett located in Garnett, KS. Entry form and event schedule should be posted on the KART website soon (www.kart.org).

Come support this historical track before it’s no longer on the schedule.Your support is vital & we look forward to seeing everyone and any new faces interested.  The track is part of the North Lake Park, has a sprint track for sprint karts after the road race & Golf Course.  Great time to get your kids or anyone some free track time.  Bring your sprint karts and play in the evening after the road races are completed or bring some golf clubs and enjoy a round of golf with me Saturday evening!

Still working on concessions for the event, as Happy Days BBQ sold out… I’ll keep you posted, but the goal is to have concessions!

Questions, contact me at either 785-304-9701 or normracer@gmail.com

When it's raining I'm drinking!

Hoosier Tire Dealer

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Bryan Norman.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Thanks for the info Bryan. Hate to hear that about Happy Days. We were looking forward to those nachos!

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Bryan Norman
      Participant

Concessions confirmed for next weekend.  Please support the concessions as it isn’t easy getting someone to commit!

“Papa Scott’s Street Eats” Menu below.

Starters

Fried Pickles – A basket of dill pickles sliced hand battered and fried, with homemade ranch for dipping

Mozzarella Sticks – Classic mozzarella cheese fried, with marinara sauce for dipping

Parmesan Garlic Fries – Hot fries, tossed in parmesan herbs, and drizzled with garlic aioli(garlic gravy)

Sandwiches*Add Fries for $2*

Cowboy Burger – Cheeseburger with pulled pork, fried onion rings and Hillsdale Bank BBQ sauce

Chicago Style -Warm roasted beef, Scimeca’s Italian sausage, melted provolone cheese, banana peppers and onions

Pork Tenderloin – Fried pork tenderloin sandwich with melted American cheese

Cheese Burger – hamburger patty with American cheese and grilled onions Chicken Sandwich – Grilled or crispy chicken breast topped with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion

Walking Taco -Fritos, topped with seasoned beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and jalapenos.

BREAKFAST

Biscuits and Gravy – ½ order (4) full order (6)

Papa Scott’s Breakfast Special – Pork tenderloin, on a biscuit, topped with gravy and an egg

KIDS MEAL-Corn Dog, Fries $4.00

Papa Scott’s will also have drinks, kettle corn, and ice cream treats for purchase

Hoosier Tire Dealer

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Wow, that is quite a menu. We’re ready. Sure hope it warms up, but take your longjohns just in case.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Bryan Norman
      Participant

We aim to please.  Weather appears to be warming up this week, but maybe not to our liking come this weekend.  Bring some extra layers just in case.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Hoosier Tire Dealer

Kelly Read
    Participant

Plan to load Thursday night. Bringing Lindsay who will be running SPRINT TAG SR on Saturday. We have to come home after Saturday but looking forward in seeing everyone. Guess I had better throw in an extra pair of speedos by what you are saying weather temp may be!!! LOL  I love the menu!! Guess where THE MAN will be????????? Sorry Lindsay, find you another mechanic!!!

Bryan Norman
      Participant

FYI, After discussing with Jim Edginton & the board of directors. Based on this weekends forecast we feel it’s in the best interest to reschedule this weekends Lake Garnett race.  Garnett will still hold the June 9th & 10th date, but will also move into the open slot created when we lost the 2nd HPT.  Mark your calendars, the 2nd Garnett race will be scheduled for September 29th & 30th.   Didn’t feel all the work & expenses that go into Garnett would warrant the lack of participation.  It would be extremely difficult for all the water cooled engines to get the water to temp.  That and the calls I received made this revision the right move for the series. Thank you all for your understanding & sorry for the short notice.

Hoosier Tire Dealer

Bryan Norman
        Participant

Also, I failed to mention.  Any pre-entries for this weekend will be honored at either of the 2 Garnett events or your welcome to cancel the check and pre-enter later.

If you have any questions please give me a call at 785-304-9701.

Hoosier Tire Dealer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ekartingnews