Home Forums Road Racing KART MARRS @ Lake Afton Sept. 6&7

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kelly Read 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Time to get ready for the second race of the season @ Lake Afton. Don’t see your class or have questions; call Kelly @ 316-722-8462. I’m sure he’ll add it in for you.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Linda (MOM), Thanks again for getting this event posted. Been so busy with the other KART/MARRS events I forgot about the one I promote myself!!!!!!!

Entry form & event schedule is on the KART web site (www.kart.org).

Hope to see all my regulars and a whole bunch of new racers at my own event September 6/7.

Any questions, you can contact me at kelly.read@westarenergy.com, donnaandkelly@hotmail.com, 316-218-3645.

THE MAN

Kelly Read
    Participant

Both kids Piston Port karts are done!!!!!! Brad not running his controlled for this event so this made it easy on the MECHANIC!!!

Kelly Read
    Participant

Time has come to get the track prepared!!!!!!

Tonite it is hay and fencing, tomorrow and Friday all day putting banners, setting up pits, sweeping the track, etc.

Hope to see everyone there this weekend. I have a new main flagman I will be breaking in who will be doing the nationals so BE NICE!!!  You will be shocked to see who it is!! One clue, had raced for several years.

FYI,

Those who know Lindsay, she is putting a deal together to get a discount at Carlos O Kelley’s Saturday nite. If you are interested, text or call me with number of people at 316-218-3645. Plans are to be there at 7:00.

I will be off the air after this so if you need something, get a hold of me at the number above.

THE MAN

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Apple pie’s ready.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Another great weekend of racing has passed. To look at the forecast earlier in the week, you would have thought it was going to be rain a good part of it. As it turned out they were wrong. Rain overnight Friday and then 2 glorious days of clear beautiful skies.
    Thanks again to all involved in putting this event on. It takes a lot of physical labor when hay has to be thrown (and put away after it’s over) but the advantage when much of it is volunteer labor is that expenses are kept to a minimum so when the turnout isn’t great, it’s still good enough.
    Read Family, Chris Ragan, Shannon, John Crider, KART Everything Girl Maysha, new flagman Nick Edgington, etc. Thanks.
    Fun times.

Kelly Read
    Participant

THANKS to all those who attended and especially those NEW racers who came. Seems they had a blast and are coming back and including to HPT Oct. 3-5.

GREAT job to Nick Edgington on the main flagging.

As Linda stated, tracks like Afton and Garnett take a bunch of work before and after to make it safe and a good track to race on. I thank my family and friends who helped because without them, this could not happen.

As for the racing, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Freakn Animal race both days had to be one of the best in a long time!!!! Only thing better would have been THE MAN winning…….  But seeing both of my animal karts with other drivers in them and running up front, made my weekend. I just wish my kids did better at there own home track (15 minutes from home) as we seem to struggle here more then we should be!!!!! Even though they were quick, weren’t quick enough. Oh well maybe next time????

I do want to mention that I and all the KART directors appreciate very much of Lindsay spending the whole season testing for us in the piston port class with motors/pipes/weights to build this class up and done a superb job. Looks like we have found a good combination for this class which will be posted soon on the KART web then I will post it on the HPT national forum. If that’s not great sportsmanship, what is???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.