Home Forums Road Racing KART MARRS @ Lake Afton April 25 & 26

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Baldus 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

One month to go. Finally a race to look forward to. Mike’s been a bear; he wants to go racing. But we do have the HAYWIRED event @ RC’s in Martin City next Saturday (April 4th) evening so there will be some karting friends there.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Kelly Read
    Participant

Dam it Linda don’t rush me!!!!! LOL

HAYWIRED at Rc’s will get us all fired up to go racing.  For those who don’t know what/who HAYWIRED is well, it’s Brad’s country band. He has opened up for some pretty big names such as BIG & RICH. His band is going to RC’s to play in a packed house of racers and I hear some racers from Illinois and possibly Florida are coming . If your close, come on by as you will have the time of your life I can promise!!!!!

As for Afton, I believe we are real close of being ready with karts and getting the race set up.

Afton event schedule and entry form should be on the KART web (www.kart.org) soon.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Lake Afton event and entry forms now on the KART web (www.kart.org).

Let’s get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Read
    Participant

ANYONE ready yet?????

Linda,

I know Mike has been ready since xmas but you better tell Mike he still has time to go through his kart one more time!! LOL

MT POCKETS all done and ready to load!!!  That be: 2-Piston Ports, 3-Animals, 1-Sportsman.  Rebuilt spares: 4-axle clutches, 3-animal clutches, animal carb & 3 walb carbs just in case they are needed (dam I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Oh, and mounted 16 spare tires……….

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Finally time to go racing. Been a long time since Oct. 5th.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Kelly Read
    Participant

M.K.A. would like to thank everyone who attended.

Weather on Saturday was BEAUTIFUL (80+ and sunny)!!!  Sunday was OK but cloudy and cool (60+). I can not think of 1 class that didn’t have a minimum of 2 karts battling for the lead for their entire race. GREAT job guys and gals!!!!!

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Thanks to Kelly and the whole bunch that worked to put this event on.  I got a video from the Wednesday night before showing the workout of putting out the haybales, track prep, etc.  Thanks to all that helped with that too.  Boy Scouts chicken fajitas Saturday night were great.

Gosh, Mike & I are tired!  Don’t know whether it’s the work at the track, or that little puppy?  It will take a day or two to recuperate.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Karting's News and Information Leader ekartingnews | an HMG publication