Home Forums Road Racing KART MARRS @ Hallett Aug. 16 & 17

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Jason Beer 4 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

This should make everyone want to attend the KART MARRS’ Aug. event. Should be fast and smooth. Scott had told us about this at the March race but asked that we keep it under our “hats” until it was a reality. Thanks to the Stephens family for this improvement.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hallett-Motor-Racing-Circuit/101355393258345?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Kelly Read
    Participant

Thanks for posting Linda.

Looking forward to run there in August.

What makes HMRC so nice is that it fits everyones karts rather it be a laydown, shifter, tag, etc.. track layout is challenging and fun.

If you have never raced at HMRC, you want to put this date on your calendar. Besides racing at HMRC, you get to see “THE MAN” so what more could you ask for???????????? (No comments!!!!).

Juan David Gomez
    Participant

Sweet!

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

Is this a full, or partial re-paving?

Linda Baldus
    Participant

“Is this a full, or partial re-paving?” Brian, from what Scott told Mike, their intention was to repave everything except the straight-away area just to the west of the pits (which didn’t need it), which would be over 80%.

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

Thanks Linda, I’ve been waiting a long time for this. See you there in August!

Kelly Read
    Participant

Was told today that the repaving is scheduled to be complete today.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Just got this quote from Hallett’s website: “So here it is. The track is done. The infield is done. SURPRISE!!! It looks great everywhere. There is some backfilling needed around the edges where the dropoff is drastic. Scott has a plan for that next week but it won’t get done today.”

This is truly great news, and if Brian Wilhelm says he’s coming in August, these improvements have already done what Mike Baldus was in hopes of, which is stir some interest up again.

See you Brian.

Shawn Hill
    Participant

I saw some video from this last weekend and it looks like everything from the exit of 6 to the bottom of the bitch is repaved.   Looks great and smooooooth!  Can’t wait for Oklahoma in the middle of August now :)

Tom Durrett
    Participant

Any of the old SWRA folks need to dust off your equipment and come run this! I’m getting mine ready! I’ll run whatever class a heavy with a Rotax Sprint Kart will run in.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Just received this message from Connie Stephens of Hallett Motor Racing Circuit: “The karts are going to love the smoooooothness. Both bikes and cars are breaking track records.”
    As for Tom’s post, I’m sure if you contact Kelly Read 316-218-3645 he will make sure you have a place to race that Rotax @ Hallett.
    I know I’ve heard of other folks that are talking about bringing their karts back to life for the new surface.
    Can’t wait to hear the chicken! It always gives me a chuckle. If you’ve never been @ Hallett @ 7:00 a.m. you may not know of what I speak.

Jason Beer
    Participant

Just saw this…a bunch of us are coming up from Central Texas. I for one will be bringing a Rotax.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Yep, there are several Tx racers coming up as I have had several calls and e-mails from Tag, Shifter and laydown racers.

As I told the others who have other Tag engines besides a Leopard, we will add a Sprint TAG SR or just a Rotax Sr. class (which ever they prefer) each day and will put them in the same races as our Sprint Stock Leopard  class and be scored separately when we get to the event.

THE MAN is PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly Read
    Participant

SPRINT TAG SR. WEIGHTS:

SONIK          415

MOTORI SEVEN     415

VORTEX TT     405

PARIILA DRAGON     400

VORTEX RKF     400

KF     400

IAME X-30     390

ROTAX     380

LEOPARD     360

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

There will be Rev-Clean available at Hallett on Saturday.

Dan Davis
    Participant

Whelp, I was able to get a kart somewhat prepped for Hallett……..I plan on a nice relaxing weekend with some friends I haven’t seen much this year and some playing around with a superkart on a smoother Hallett.  We’ll see.  I wouldn’t think of bringing the twin superkart there in the past due to the surface condition (for fear of too many one off parts breaking on the kart and myself)…….but I think I’ll give it a try.  Looking forward to seeing you all there. ;-)

Jerry Isaacs
    Participant

I am thinking about running my sprint kart in this.  Monza chassis with leopard motor.  Is there anything I need to consider other than changing sprockets?

any suggestions on where to start with the sprockets?

thanks

mark waller
    Participant

Jerry:  I’d start with a 16 tooth driver and an 82 sprocket.  Going to be within a tooth or so either way, depending on your engine, flex, model year Leopard, etc.

Good luck if you go.  Hallett is a great track and we’ve had a lot of fun racing there.

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Wow! So that’s what new pavement will do! How about 198 entries. It looked like the old days. And the competition was absolutely fierce.
    Thanks to all that participated, and to all that worked. Thanks to Kelly Read for making sure that everyone that wanted to be there had a place where they could race their equipment. And thanks to the Stephens Family for their huge expenditure in getting us this great racing surface.
    Hope to see everyone at Lake Afton in 3 weeks (Sept. 6&7), and at the KART Enduro National Championships @ Heartland Park Topeka Oct. 3rd-5th. Our little family of KART MARRS racers will all be there.

Kelly Read
    Participant

I SECOND what Linda has stated!!!!!!!!!!!!  FREAKN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not 1 red flag!!! (knock on wood). If anyone seen any class that didn’t have great close racing, let me know as I didn’t see any!!!!

I may have had a big part in giving everyone a place to run but if they don’t show, a lot of work (calls, e-mails, texts, etc) just goes out the window. THANK you all from my heart for supporting this event. These types of events make those who work so hard feel so good!!!!

I’ve already had 3 calls today thanking KART/MARRS for a great time. THANK EVERYONE  both MARRS & those who haven’t ran with us, you all did excellent!!!!!

Now it’s bragging time!!  MT POCKETS had a great weekend. Lindsay figured out the trigger on the k71 and was fast, Brad was a rocket in his controlled and was quick in his Piston Port but has some things to change in the driver’s department on that kart, Jim was quick in the Animal and won on Sunday and most of all, both guys who STOLE both of my Animal rides had a blast and even ran in the top 2 and one of them actually won on Saturday. Dam I’m a hell of a mechanic!!!  LOL

Here is better news:

Even though the track surface was much better then in previous years, come October, the company who did the repaving is coming back to see what needs to be patched after a full racing season has been done on the surface and take care of them. I had conversations with the track management and they asked me on Friday to tell them during the weekend if there were areas that we felt needed attention. I did tell them that there were 4 main areas (not terrible) that the karters felt could use some attention. Luckily these are the same areas the rest of the clubs (cars, cycles, etc) said also. So look out 2015!!!

Speaking of 2015. June 6/7 & August 1/2 are dates we will be back at Hallett in 2015. Put em on your calendar.

Again, THANKS to EVERYONE who attended.

THE MAN

kenny lawson
    Participant

Kelly, I’ll get that transponder out to you the first of the month, (sept). I’ts  coming priority, so it will probably need a sig. so make sure someone is avail. to sign. ThankX  and WOW to you gig at Hallett. Wish I could run some of those tracks. Kenny

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Jason Beer
    Participant

Hey all, Tim took some really good shots this last weekend. Below is a link to his site if y’all are wanting to get some pics.

http://hallettfotoshoppe.com/

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.