Home Forums Road Racing KART MARRS @ Garnett July 26th & 27th

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kelly Read 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Wow, less than 2 weeks away. Not much time to get everything checked after MPH, but I have confidence; we’ll “Get ‘er done”!
    See you all there.

Kelly Read
    Participant

Got both trailers unloaded from MPH Monday nite and ready to start in working on karts tonite.

It would be real nice to see everyone at this event to support Ron Anderegg on his last race that he will be promoting as he is going to enjoy RETIREMENT after this event.

As for the future, there is a group of people who will be taking over this event. THANKS to those involved.

Kelly Read
    Participant

2 loaded and one to go!!!!!!

Kelly Read
    Participant

Last kart done and ready to load!!!!

Kelly Read
    Participant

Last MT POCKETS kart loaded!!!

One to load tonite (Keener)!!!

See everyone there, have a safe trip.

THE MAN

Christopher Ragan
    Participant

We’ll be burning meat on the grill Saturday Nite.
    Bring your own grill!

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Thanks again to Ron and Alice Anderegg and all of their “helpers” for another event @ Lake Garnett. We really appreciate your years of putting these events on and know that whether the turn-out was big or small, as this one was, you have the same amount of prep time involved.

Kelly Read
    Participant

I second Linda’s comments!!!!!!!

I did have conversations with both Ron Anderegg and Greg Gwin who have been a big part for many years of putting this event on along with sprint races at Garnett about future road races at Garnett. I left with the impression after speaking with them that we will have events for 2015 ( no guarantee). Some details need to be worked out with them, people wanting to take it over, city/county officials and with us on dates which will be done over the next couple of weeks.

As for the racers, I know having 1 weekend off between Hastings and this event didn’t help especially those south of Kansas. I wasn’t able to get my own kart done but I did enter both days to support this event and NO I am not a rich man!!!!  I understand not everyone can make every race as parts of MT POCKETS missed this event and have missed races over time due to various reasons out of there control.

Scheduling 7-8 races isn’t easy especially with our time frame to schedule events (April – early October). The MAJOR tracks just don’t give us any date we want even for THE MAN. Garnett & Afton have issues also even though they are parks. Between Memorial  and labor day weekends this is there busy boating, camping, etc time of when they bring in there major incomes so we are limited on dates during those months also.

Those few of us who do the scheduling try and will always do what we can to get at least 2 weekends off between events and try to schedule events so where people don’t have to travel far back to back but there are times we don’t have a choice. If just the local racers who hadn’t gone to a earlier event would/could show up to the event close to there home, that would make up for those who travel far and not be able to make it.

Anytime any org losses a track and can’t pick another one up, that is less races for the racers. Racing 4-5 times a year isn’t worth the cost in my opinion to do something I myself have done for many years.

So, as I have said on many forums, SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORT!!!! When it’s gone, where are you going to hang your road race karts??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.